At the moment we support migrations from:
- ownCloud 8.2 and 9.0 to Nextcloud 9.
- ownCloud 9.0 and 9.1 to Nextcloud 10
- ownCloud 9.1 to Nextcloud 10.
- ownCloud 10.0.* to Nextcloud 12.0.*
- for more information see https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/13/admin_manual/maintenance/migrating_owncloud.html
To upgrade manually please follow the usual upgrading steps:
- Delete everything from the ownCloud folder except
- Download the Nextcloud 9 (10, 11, 12…) release from https://nextcloud.com/install/
- Put the files into the folder where the ownCloud files where before
- Trigger the update either via OCC or via web.
We are working on a more automated migration approach and will share more information on that here as soon as we have something to announce or test.
Thanks a lot for using Nextcloud!
ATTENTION: If you have installed ownCloud via packages make sure to remove the packages first. Otherwise a potential update of the ownCloud packages will break your instance.
- If you use a relatively recent version of ownCloud you can use our new updater.
- If you are on a quite old version, here is an extensive upgrade guide that should cover all situations.
- If you are looking for packages we’re happy to share that most distributions provide packages, often included by default. See this post for details on various distributions.
Feedback always welcome!