ownCloud 9.0.2 Stable to NextCloud

Hi All -

Running ownCloud 9.0.2 and would like to migrate to NextCloud. I am using Server Side Encryption.

Can anyone provide details on how to migrate?

This is on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS btw.

Thanks,
Jon

I would do a full backup of your database and see if this helps

and another link I found in the forums

Hmm… Well, I wasn’t using encryption, but I did migrate successfully from OC 9.0.2 > NC 9.0.51.

All I had to do was:

1. Put OC into offline mode with occ
  2. Change the root folder name of OC
  3. extract the zip file of NC that I downloaded from the NC website.
  4. Copy over the config and data folders (well, actually just config for me, as my data folder was already external)
  5. Use occ’s upgrade command.

For more detailed instructions though, see the migrating link posted above in the previous post.

Are the upgrade/migration methods mentioned in this thread also applicable if using the encryption module?

It’s the same upgrade path whether you were upgrading from one ownCloud release to another, or from ownCLoud to Nextcloud. It doesn’t matter if you’re using encryption or not.

Migrating successfully from owncloud 9.0.2 to nextcloud 9.0.52 under FreeBSD 10.3 / nginx 1.10 / php 7.0. Encryption seems to work perfect. But don’t forget to make backups from everything before you switch from own to nextcloud.

1 Like

Does exist a stable repository for the raspberry pi (debian jessie, arm)?

There are no repositories for Nextcloud. So you have to do a manual upgrade. Your questions should be answered here: