Nextcloud 13 Brings Improved UI, Video and Text Chat, End-to-end Encryption, Improved performance and more

Well, “Talk” still not working for me in this version (never has). Same error of the microphone and camera access that a lot of people have previously reported that was supposed to be fixed for this version.

1 Like

from 12.0.5 on raspbian 9 went through
updater.phar
occ update
out of maintenance mode yes
and thats it :smiley: - don’t have any challenging apps though - still waiting for android 3 to have my photos autoupload … :wink:

@Nemskiller The beta 13.0 is the same as stable 13.0?

Yes, you have also an occ command for forcing to get nextcloud-13-0-0.zip

1 Like

I know obout occ, but I want to test web updater before I will play with it at production site :slight_smile:Thnx.

You need a E2E prerelease of the desktop client: https://download.nextcloud.com/desktop/prereleases/E2E/

2 Likes

Thanks. I searched for this since yesterday :smile:

OTA works on 13.0.0

Go to APP
Check the enable apps on left side
x updates should be visible.
the TOTP 1.3.1 app need to be disabled first !! ( to avoid some error in journal )
And reinstall TOTP 1.4.1
On your security appliance, add a new TOTP token, regenerate your security code, erease your olg security token
Done.

Is there a prerelease of the macOS client?

Hello jospoortvliet,
Thank you for the prerelease information.
The Windows client now works fine, even encrypting a single folder.

Unfortunately, the iOS app doesn’t seem to work, do you know if it’s already updated? I am currently using version 2.19.3.00001 with NC 13

I can neither encrypt a folder nor access an encrypted one, nor am I asked for the key sequence.
I get the following error message:

E2EE-ERROR
<NSHTTPURLResponse: > { URL: xxxxxxxxx/ocs/v2.php/apps/end_to_end_ecryption/api/v1/lock/ …… Status Code 403 …

Thank you very much for your answer.
J-O-W

https://github.com/nextcloud dig dig dig

Where can I find Windows desktop client with E2EE? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thnx, I missed that :slight_smile:

Is it already known when Nextcloud 13 will be available through the stable channel?

1 Like

Since 2 or 3 days, it’s stable?

1 Like

@janvlug
Especially these major updates are pushed out in stages. I don’t know what the criteria are, but for me it feels like it is by chance, so sometimes you get the update over the updater immediately, sometimes you’ll have to wait some days or mostly weeks, sometimes until the next point release.

You’ll see above in this thread, that you can’t affect (or not that I know of), weather you get the update in the stable channel or not.

But, there is a little workaround: In the days of the major update, the beta channel contains the stable major release. So you can “force” the update, by switching to the beta channel, do the update and then switch back to the stable channel.

But also note, that this behavior of staged updates is intended, because sometimes, even the push of an update is paused because a bigger bug has been found in the new version. Then the next update push will start with the next point release and again mostly staged of course. So if you hadn’t the possibility to update, you were able to avoid a bad bug in this case.
See as example when NC12 came out: NC12 Updater stable release

So in general there is no reason to rush an update, but if you really want to because you want to test or try new features, you can do the mentioned trick with temporarily switching to beta channel or update manually the version via occ or even more manually by deploying the downloaded zip on the server.

EDIT: some typo

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: After update to NC 13, client tries to delete folders

Again,

I’m new at this sorry for stupid question - can someone please point me to how I upgrade from v 12 to this new one?
I tried to upgrade to 12.0.4 and have errors there too.

Thanks

If you encounter display problems, you can clear the server cache manually (fix will be in 13.0.1):

Performance improvements for sharing feature can already be use in NC 13:

1 Like