OnlyOffice - changes in documents via OnlyOffice in the browser not in the downloaded files

Dear all,

something weird happens.
I can open docx-files with OnlyOffice in the browser, close them and reopen them in the browser. Everything ist fine, all changes are in the document.

However if the file is downloaded, all the changes made in OnlyOffice are lost. So obviously the changes are not safed although they appear, when the document is opened in OInlyOffice in the browser.

I am quite sure, that some settings are wrong, but I do not know, where to start.

Any suggestions?
Thanks for your efforts and support in advance!

Cheers
Jörg

Dear all,

it seems, that I did not search good enough.
The problem is already known (see

Solutions: (?)

https://github.com/nextcloud/documentserver_community/issues/12
)

Cheers

Jörg

Same here.
The newest Nc 22.02 with updates.
Even worse. Lost hundreds of hours of sales people: no versioning, downloaded file is empty, cannot open the key file.
This software should have been published with the repeated warning: your files can be cleared anytime, your work can be lost anytime.
Sorry for a bitter comment, but this is out of my imagination that someone could even have thought about releasing such an unstable software.
Cheers,
me

Hi! I have the same problem, changes made so aaracem if olgada by onlyoffice, if you download it, it comes empty or without the changes.

Nextclound via snap
Onlyoffice via Docker

Did you find any solution?

Regards

You are using this small piece of software, designed for a few private people, in a productive environment? You base a few hundred hours of sales people on a “community document server”? This is irresponsible.

The docker-image should work like a charm. Maybe even use the “force save” option.

Are there any errors in OO? Is there any firewall blocking? In OO changes are saved when the LAST USER is closing the document! If this behavior is not matching you needs please have a look at “force saving” in OO.

Hi!
Thanks for the answer.

I’ve used it this way for a few years (I believe 2 at least) and it seems to be fine, it looks like something from September that made the problem start, but it’s only been noticed now.

The problem is that I don’t know what to do with the thousands of files that have already been changed and which ones they are… :expressionless:

When I enable this “force save” option within NextClound, in Onlyoffice’s options, when I edit the file and save it, it generates an error with a message similar to this “An error occurred while saving the file, download it or Try again later”…

The changes or not applied to the real file in nextcloud, test with new files where only I was editing.

Are changes NEVER saved? Then you got some problem with you configuration and OO isn’t able to write to nextcloud. Could be some firewall/routing topic…

No changes are applied to the original File on NextClound, from what I’ve seen this started at least in September.

Both servers are on the same network, only the user is on the other.

New information about this “force save” option, yesterday when I tried to use this several times, the error I reported when saving the changed file occurred, and in a moment I could no longer save the options in Onlyoffice inside NC, it generated an error that was fixed with the option “‘allow_local_remote_servers’ => true,” in /var/snap/nextcloud/28586/nextcloud/config/config.php , now I tried again to check the “force save” option and test in the file and "bingo ", it saved correctly in the real file, I downloaded it and validated it, even the file change time was updated in Netxclound web.

The question is this will only apply to new files, those already edited before there’s no way to “force” it?

The problem is still there. Onlyoffice fixed it a long time ago but it seems that community_documentserver is not maintained anymore.