iOS App - Bad german translation (Help offered)

Hi @rakekniven.

@MorrisJobke it’s better nextcloud/ios-translations or Transifex ?

Hi @ios

Best way is transifex with the Nextcloud-bot pushing it to the Github repo. @MorrisJobke is the one to talk to to get it set up.

I just installed the new version of the app. There are still some typos in the german translation. I tried to fix them on in “ios-intro” in “de_DE” on transifex but the texts are read-only. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe an permission issue?
btw, Did you find many typos?

There have been comments about source strings on transifex.
But no response. I doubt that devs reading transifex comments or issues. @ios How about you?

@rakekniven no i don’t read the comments in transifex.

@MorrisJobke how to do this ?

Depends on the definiton of “many”. Within two screens of the intro I immediately found errors. The german translation still needs some work.

I tried to help but couldn’t change anything in transifex (even I was able in the past. So if this is a permission issue: Can somebody please fix this.

Hi everybody,

I’m just in the process of switching to Nextcloud and the iOS app does have some typos. And the help-section may also need some more entries. I would be glad to assist here.

@rakekniven I do, but just for the Android app since I only work on that one. :slight_smile:

Hello,

from my POV you have multiple choices here:

• Create transifex account, join team and make issues for fixing typos
  • Report them here and somebody will fix it

Which help section are you referring to? Inside app?

Understood. Problem for me is, that each app/dev has different workflow and using different primary tools.
We have transifex, github, that forum, private mails.

Well, I can’t speak for @ios but Android, the server and also the calendar just to name a few are all using transifex for translations and I think @ios is also using transifex --> https://github.com/nextcloud/ios-translations since our bot is actively pushing new translations to the repository :smiley:

I unreviewed all strings. Feel free to re-review them.

@Matthias_Becker What is your username on transifex? Then I can increase your permissions so you could also review the texts.

@MorrisJobke Send you PM two days ago. Sent a ping some seconds ago using our forums.

Hello, yes translation is done at transifex and workflow works pretty well.

Problems for me and others are:

• Some source strings need attention. Where to report? @ios is not reading issues at transifex. https://github.com/nextcloud/ios-translations/issues is also not used. Update: Link is dead: Use https://github.com/nextcloud/ios instead
  • Some source strings need explanation. Where to ask? Same issue as above.
  • Where to report bugs for ios app? Found a few things. I am not willing to send them by Email as requested. Personally I would like to use github for this.

Hope we can solve open questions and start working :slight_smile:

@ios Do not take this personally. No blaming, just looking for solutions.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve created an account there. Correct, inside the app. But I was somehow blind and didn’t see that there are already a lot of explanations in the settings.

When i find a bit of time read the question q&a :cold_sweat:

Too many things … :disappointed_relieved:

The actual translation is not bad in my opinion. German people should be able to use it without any issue.
So we will wait until you find some time :no_mouth:

The translation is definitely not bad, just some minor things. So it’s nothing with a high priority. By the way, I want to thank you for the great app. Really stable and now I can use my own cloud instead of iThings.

Thanks @burningjoe !!