ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS 20.0.3 to 20.0.4

Hello,

I’ve just updated the from 20.0.3 to 20.0.4 with FreeNAS. Once complete i try to log-in, the google chrome show me the: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

i just need the NextCloud in my local network, do anyone know it’s my problem or NextCloud’s problem?

How to i down grade to 20.0.3?

I’ve try uninstall/install and clean the iocage serve times.

Here’s my config.php:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'passwordsalt' => 'TccSPoYL4frD232T+Xq7EulvRr',
  'secret' => '28HsThxbHRHHrkXM8o0z7351+S7nsE',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'localhost',
    1 => '192.168.1.105',
    2 => '192.168.1.102',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/usr/local/www/nextcloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '20.0.4.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://localhost',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'oc_ncadmin',
  'dbpassword' => 'TAnD8BHiei83729d9xX712msQmszaz3',
  'installed' => true,
  'instanceid' => 'ocopxna658un',
);
1 Like

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS - This is most likely not a Nextcloud but a web server configuration problem. Aunt G. provides you information how to fix such a problem:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&ei=-sbgX6WkJMrUkwXr7rP4Bw&q=fix+ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS&oq=fix+ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIECAAQEzIICAAQBRAeEBMyCAgAEAUQHhATMggIABAFEB4QEzIICAAQCBAeEBM6BAgAEEc6BAgAEA06BggAEAcQHjoICAAQBxAeEBM6CggAEAgQBxAeEBNQt1lYrl1g4F9oAHACeACAAX2IAcIDkgEDMS4zmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBCMABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwilibWhud_tAhVK6qQKHWv3DH8Q4dUDCAw&uact=5

How to i down grade to 20.0.3? - Downgrading of the Nextcloud software isn’t supported. If you want to reinstall a previous version, please use your backupcopy which you’ve created in advance of your update activities.

Hello,

i have exactly the same problem, the error page google say me than i have a problem with the cookies but once i have deleted them a login page from nextcloud repop up, i fill my login details, the cookies comes back when i reconnect therefore i still have the same error message “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”

if i block all cookies of nextcloud IP adresse, there is no error message but the page stay blocked.

Do you have any ways to fix it ?

Hi all,

I just finished setting up a new instance of Nextclod with 20.0.4 on TrueNAS. I get a similar error on chrome after login. So looks like the error is not because of an update. It exists in the fresh new instance as well. Can any expert jump in with the solution please?

Install Notes:

nginx_enable: -> YES

mysql_enable: -> YES

php_fpm_enable: -> YES

Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:

Starting nginx.

Performing sanity check on php-fpm configuration:

Starting php_fpm.

Starting mysql.

SQL Temp Password: C8.!tJe=WPN/

SQL Temp Password: C8.!tJe=WPN/

mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

Using NAT Address:

mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

The process control (PCNTL) extensions are required in case you want to interrupt long running commands - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php

Nextcloud was successfully installed

The process control (PCNTL) extensions are required in case you want to interrupt long running commands - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php

System config value trusted_domains => 1 set to string

System config value trusted_domains => 1 set to string

chown: /usr/local/www/nextcloud/app-pkgs: No such file or directory

Stopping php_fpm.

Waiting for PIDS: 85779.

Starting php_fpm.

Stopping nginx.

Waiting for PIDS: 85756.

Starting nginx.

I installed 20.0.4 as well and find the install path is not correct.

I think it is the root cause for the issue

what is the solution to fix it ?

i just un-install the FreeNAS and install a TrueNAS this morning. I even remove the Google Chrome and install FireFox.

After all the installation/configuration with the TrueNAS and i install the NextCloud again.

It keeps fault…and show me the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS again…

Any expert please give us help… (>_<)

I cannot see a general Nextcloud problem here, because your report is directly related to FreeNAS/TrueNAS systems. Based on my experiences NAS systems are usually using a highly customized environment, so that I would expect to find the root cause of the problem in the specific web server configuration. It might be worth to address this issue in the FreeNAS/TrueNAS support forum to find a solution.

I am running into the same redirect issue. I installed a fresh copy of TrueNAS-12.0-U1, installed a fresh copy of NextCloud 20.0.4 (receiving the same error messages about app-pkgs), and still the issue remains. I’m able to reach the NextCloud login screen via local IP address as well as through my ddns. After trying to log in, I am sent to a page saying too many redirects- It doesn’t matter which browser I use on any particular device, I get sent to the same page. This has been plaguing me for days!

You’re right I found that FreeNAS forum also discussing about this problem but it points out may be that’s nextcloud’s problem:

1 Like

This fixed it for me!!!

1 Like

Same exact, problem here. I just install TrueNas with the nextcloud Plugin. I have tried changing from NAT to DHCP but the same problem. I can see the login page as usual but I cannot log in. I am using Edge, but I have tried on chrome and the problem persist. Any help would be appreciated.

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'passwordsalt' => 'qlda9fkv75uNIkLr*****',
  'secret' => 'ZRkddlfC+PUvHfCxbhGVJ4Un3p******',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'localhost',
    1 => '192.168.1.106',
    2 => '192.168.1.119',
 ),  'datadirectory' => '/usr/local/www/nextcloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '20.0.4.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://localhost',  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',

Having the same issue - using fresh installs on TrueNAS 12-u1.

This fixed my issue

1 Like

Hello community.

This what I get with a fresh install of NextCloud on TrueNas 12.0.u1. I am not able to completely setup NC because there are no boxes to input db, db admin, or db location. It only has the boxes for ncadmin and password. If I enter username and password here, I get the “too many redirects error” Heard good things about NextCloud, but its not working for me… Waiting for this to be fixed before finding another solution.

Go vote for report this bug:

Hi comunity. I have the same problem.

Unfortunately the problem won’t be solved by confirming that the problem appears on your server too, because it seems to be a FreeNAS specific problem. Instead you should go and vote for the FreeNAS bug report as @Monchhichi_Lam asked you to do.

Agreed! Nextcloud works perfectly on Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Same problem here. Even using a new instance of Nexcloud, the same happens.