You can also see this class thread going since 2016 titled Best cheap hardware to run Nextcloud on.
- Must be 64-bit architecture. This means arm64, x86-64 or Risc-V or anything else that supports 64-bit.
- At least 4gb of ram minimum.
- Optional, but Nextcloud Office will require a couple GB’s of ram by itself.
- Gigabit ethernet.
- Too common a standard to not embrace.
- Speeds will always be contingent on your ISP and local network.
- At least USB 3.0 or SATA or NVME or PCI-e
- USB 2.0 and MicroSD are too slow to broadly recommend anymore.
- eMMC is fine.
- Please include a link and cost.
- Odroid HC4 - 4gb ram. Dual 3.5" SATA disks in toaster layout. $74
Raspberry Pi 4 Compute Module (requires expansion board) 8gb ram - $75
- Radxa Taco expansion board adds 5 disks, NVME, and 2.5gb to the Compute module over PCI-E. $95
- Rock Pi 5 Model B Wifi 6E, NVME, USB 3.0, higher model has 16gb ram. $149 - $169
RockPi 3A 8gb ram, NVME, USB 3.0. $85.00
- Quad SATA Nas Case over PCI-E. Holds 4 x 2.5" disks. $129
Raspberry Pi 4 w/ 8gb ram. USB 3.0 disks.. $75.00
- add SSD external disk for improved performance. 1tb is around $100.00 - $200.00
- Quad Sata NAS Aluminum case over USB 3.0 for 4x 2.5" disks. $95
- The Pi 4 is almost four years old, so it notably lacks NVME or Sata ports or PCI-E support. Other devices will perform better, but it remains super popular despite only offering USB 3.0
Odroid H3 ($129) or H3+ ($165) x86-64-bit Intel Quad-Core Jasper Lake N5105 or N6005
- RAM is separated to buy (G.Skill RipJaws SO-DIMM Kit 8GB, DDR4-2400 about 25€ (2023-01-20) ) up until 64 GB (Perfect for Nextcloud Office if necessary)
- highly configurable: M.2 NVMe storage, 2x SATA, 2 x 2.5Gbit Ethernet ports
- Power Supply $9.4 - $25 depends on configuration
- For experience report on the Odroid H2+ (older Model) read This post in the forum
- add a device