Web console shows upgrade available, but OCC says latest already installed

My status output is as follows…

- installed: true
  - version: 19.0.0.12
  - versionstring: 19.0.0
  - edition:

The admin web console status page indicates that an update for 19.0.1 is available, however when I run ...occ upgrade I’m getting:

Nextcloud is already latest version

What’s the disconnect here?

Thanks,
Kevin.

Can anyone shed some light?

Bump… a week and no comment from anyone at Nextcloud? Would really appreciate any indication of why there is a discrepancy between the what the web console is reporting, and what the command line OCC is reporting.

Thanks.

Hi, the upgrade command runs the update for the database.
In this case the command compares the version of the nextcloud files and the database - they are the same so there is nothing to upgrade (instructions are missing).

The full update command for downloading, backup, upgrade etc. would be something like that

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar --no-interaction

without --no-interaction it would ask you if you want to run occ upgrade when the file replacements are done by the updater

occ upgrade should be run if you did the file replacements manually or the web-based updater fails or you have a big database.

Read the documentation for more info: Using the command line based updater

8 Likes

Thanks very much @EV21, that’s a big help. I’d read that page, but the language at the beginning of the “Batch Mode…” is a little ambiguous so I didn’t realize the difference between the two different commands.

Very much appreciate you taking the time to spell that out, cheers!
Kevin.

2 Likes

I’m getting this issue when trying to upgrade from 24.0.12 to 25.06. I click the link in the web interface to open updater and go through that, but when I go to terminal and run the updater.phar, it says it’s already at the most recent version. This is aggravating. Any ideas?

Ubuntu 20.04, PHP7.4.3,Apache 2.4.41.

I use sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar --no-interaction and have exactly same output that my version is up to date.

What version are you trying to update to? Not all releases are immediately published to every installation.

Also, PHP version is checked. If you happen to not have a valid PHP version for the targeted version of Nextcloud Server, you won’t get offered the update.

You can check your updater.log to see what version is being offered or any other errors/etc.

Just resolved it. In folder “updater” in data folder there was two files .step and .step-previous-update by deleting .step file update start working.