Very slow login after updating to 21.0.3

Thanks so much @Jakob2799 ! :+1:
I’m leaving for a few days off, as soon as I get back I read it carefully!

Hey @mercurio

Your issue sound familiar to me .
we manage this problem with this command:
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan-app-data

1 Like

Good morning @Mageunic , @Jakob2799 and @freumichCH
forgive me for being in hiding! It was a part-and-come home time,
Thank you all three for the suggestions: since I managed to configure the memcache service, php-fpm and done as @Jakob2799 told me, the situation has definitely improved, even if it still isn’t very fast.
I will also try the command that @freumichCH freumichCH suggested to me, let’s see if it can help further.
Thanks again and have a nice day!!! :smiley:

3 Likes

I was having the same issue, but not on every users. Only my personal user was apparently impacted. I am using Nextcloud’s native authentication, no LDAP or OAuth integration.

Check if you are running in the same issue, run the following query:

SELECT uid, count(id) AS nbtokens FROM authtoken GROUP BY uid;

If a user has a high number in column nbtokens (> 100), login can take more time.

In my case I don’t bothered about reconnected some devices, I just deleted every tokens I had in this table.

DELETE FROM authtoken WHERE uid = 'myuser';

Don’t forget to replace “myuser” by your actual username;

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve had this 100+ login tokens issue that slows down my web logins and CalDAV logins (Improving the speed of my Nextcloud instance - #8 by Kalytis)

I’ve used @MelwinKfr 's solution, and it worked every time. Now, does anyone have an idea how to stop these login tokens from staking, please ?

Hello Kalytis,

I’m glad to see that my post helped someone.

For me the problem was coming from iOS devices caldav and cardav integration.
To fix it, I simply connect my devices using “app password”.

You can find this setting under https://your-nextcloud.com/index.php/settings/user/security.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the solution(s) and for your time !!

Hi,

same for me. I had nearly 1000 tokens for my user. Deleting the entries from authtoken was the solution. I was strugeling with my web login (which took 1min and 6 sec) for 2 days now. Thank you very much :slight_smile:

I am wondering, what gave you the hint to search in that table? I had no idea what causes that long login time. I enabled debugging in NC, PHP-FPM but found not even a small hint… Maybe I should have enabled MSSQL slow log / debug log?

Cheers,
Bender