Upload only / Auto-upload/delete folder on desktop client

Hi,

Right my first post I hope that I’ve posted it in the correct forum etc.

So my suggestion / feature request is to port one of the functions from the Android client to the Windows client, which is the Auto-upload + Local-delete function.

On my phone I have set up an auto upload folder where my scans from the app “Microsoft Office Lens” are saved. I’ve combined this with the setting to delete the local copy after upload. This way, when I scan something the file is saved Nextcloud uploads it and deletes the file on my phone. I can then sync it with my desktop which is where I organizes my files and put them in the correct folders.

Would it be possible to get a similar function for the desktop apps? I can see it working in 2 different ways.

1. An upload only folder - Nextcloud checks if there are any new files in the folder and uploads the files that are not present on the server but disregards if a file is deleted locally.

2. Enable an option to auto-upload and auto-delete of the local file after upload like how the function works on Android.

I sync my server to 2 PCs and 1 phone. All photos taken on my phone are automatically uploaded with the local version left on my phone. On my main PC I sync the folder where the photos are uploaded from my phone and have all my .raw files there from my DSLR as well. However, I usually use my laptop with limited storage to transfer the files from my camera and would therefore prefer to set the option to “upload only” so that I later can delete the local files.

An official version of this would be preferred over any server side scripts / manual moving of files.

1 Like