Update to Nextcloud 20 not available

Hello,

sadly i cant update to Nextcloud 20. i just updated from 19.0.5 to 19.0.12, this went fine without problems. But a new version cant be found, regardless of setting release channel to beta or calling the updater.phar via cli. Installation is on an Ubuntu 20.04 VM with php7.4. Anybody got an idea where to look at?

root@ubuntu-nc:/var/www/nextcloud# sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar 
Nextcloud Updater - version: v19.0.3-8-gbfdc40b

Current version is 19.0.12.

No update available.

Nothing to do.

Hi @Dark-Schnitzel

Maybe this thread is of any help to fix your issue:

thanks for the hint but this does not seem to be the error, occ status provides the right version information

root@ubuntu-nc:/var/www/nextcloud# sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ status
  - installed: true
  - version: 19.0.12.0
  - versionstring: 19.0.12
  - edition: 

more like this, but sadly there isnt a real solution in this thread:

updater version v19.0.3-8-gbfdc40b is the same. manually check with occ also return nothing:

root@ubuntu-nc:/var/www/nextcloud# sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ update:check
Everything up to date

Unfortunately, I don’t know what else you can try. What should work in any case is a manual upgrade. But make sure you have backups before you start. Since it’s running in a VM, it’s best to backup/snapshot the whole VM, then you can easily go back to the previous state if something goes wrong…

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/manual_upgrade.html

this is a production server, i want to avoid to do this thats why i am asking :smiley:

Update Notification to Version 20 mystically appeared now.