Third RC of Nextcloud 27.1.0

The RC3 release of 27.1.0 is now available on our download server.

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!

We updated our servers, did our tests, and the release seem pretty decent. Still, give it a whirl and report back here so we’re even more sure that it’s good to go! If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate github repository! :bowing_woman:

Downloads

Changelog

1 Like

You will notice the complaint about

The following extra files have been found:
    package-lock.json
    composer.lock
    package.json
    composer.json

delete such files for now

1 Like

Ok, i deleted them, the upgrade.phar went on without problems.
Now in the adminpanel i am getting complaints about missing composer.json in several directories.
I’ll ignore that for now :wink:
What happened?

I did the same, deleted that files and continued in the web updater. All went well, no complaints.

As always, the update went through without any problems.

I only had a problem with groupfolders version 15.3.0, which requires at least rc3 to work, so I had to reset it briefly to make occ work, but that was just a petitesse.

Thanks for the good work! :+1:

1 Like

We’re shipping those files now for auditing purposes (licenses and things), and oversaw a thing in the updater to make them expect them.

2 Likes

Sorry for bumping this here, but the very same error occurs during an update from 25.0.11 to 26.0.6.

I’m safe to delete these files with my version too?

If they are marked as “extra files”, you are safe to delete them.

much luck!

This should not happen in release versions. Many users don’t have a possibility to delete files.

That’s why it happened in the RC. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m talking about (25.0.11 and) 26.0.6 as mentioned above.

Then you are absolutely right. At Google you pay with data. At Nextcloud you pay by being the beta tester for the enterprise customers.

That’s why users can’t carry out an update, only an admin can.
Even if you host on a shared server, no matter how restrictive, you can always delete files in the web directory, even without ssh/terminal access.
Otherwise you are not an admin. Then others have to carry out the update or you should choose another hosting.
:wink:

3 Likes

Then we are lucky that this is only a Release Candidate :wink:

Really? Even on the cheapest web hosting plans you can at least FTP in and delete files in your webroot that way.

Why are you on the beta channel if you don’t want to be a tester?

I am not.

Still, the user community is the unpaid test base for the stable releases and doing the major testing for getting the quality up and sellable to enterprise customers. Especially for the .0 but also for the others. The millions of users are of course also used for marketing.

This topic was automatically closed after 10 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Yes, that slipped :headstone: Releases are stopped from shipping since yesterday, we’ll update the updater and publish a hot fix. Those who are already on one 26.0.6 or 25.0.11 will have to delete the extra files manually to unblock for the next release via updater.

2 Likes

In exchange you benefit from the work of the dozens of developers paid for by those enterprise users - seems a win-win to me :wink:

It’s not like we are making some venture capital company rich here, every euro we get from customers goes back into making Nextcloud better (or marketing/sales to get more customers).

4 Likes