Third beta of Nextcloud 29

The third beta of Nextcloud 29 is now available on our download server! :rocket:

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!
If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate GitHub repository! :bowing_woman:

Next beta is planned for next week. Stay tuned!

Download

Changelog

OK, ok I will check all the warnings, but this is mostly new and a lot :sleepy:

Some headers are not set correctly on your instance - The X-Content-Type-Options HTTP header is not set to nosniff. This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly. - The X-Robots-Tag HTTP header is not set to noindex,nofollow. This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly. - The X-Frame-Options HTTP header is not set to sameorigin. This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly. - The X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies HTTP header is not set to none. This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly. - The X-XSS-Protection HTTP header does not contain 1; mode=block. This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly. - The Referrer-Policy HTTP header is not set to no-referrer, no-referrer-when-downgrade, strict-origin, strict-origin-when-cross-origin or same-origin. This can leak referer information. See the W3C Recommendation. - The Strict-Transport-Security HTTP header is not set (should be at least 15552000 seconds). For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS

1 Like

Feat: Apps discover section (server#44129) does not work for me in Nextcloud 29 Beta 3. I get the error:

Fetching the last news…

I would also find it better if the list of all apps was called up first and you had to select this manually yourself. I don’t need to see these “ads” for apps every time I want to update apps in the App Store, for example. It also places a completely unnecessary load on Nextcloud’s infrastructure by downloading this information. In my opinion, the feature in this form is a step backwards for Nextcloud. What do you think you will achieve? Maybe you should also advertise all the old apps that are really good and that many admins and users don’t even know about.

And the basic functionalities of the calendar still do not work !

Would building blocks like this one get back on track before official release ?

Which ones?

Do we have a list of these features for the calendar app (if yes, it would be great to link the related github issues)?

1 Like

Good night. updated to Nextcloud Hub 8 beta (29.0.0 beta 3), we have the following problem, log spam error was passed/before applications, php 8.2 open_basedir=none or ;open_basedir configuration is not giving results, help(

I see this in /settings/apps – not loading anything. Is that an error (one of my browser privacy addons?) on my side or is there no news yet (in which case there should be a decent info to the user)?