The Great Nextcloud Box Topic

This is awesome, just put the snap store as an external site:

multiple uses - mir snaps (graphical on ubuntu core) can be made so you can export through the hdmi, but there are not many, just some examples: https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/guides/mir-snaps/ (I hope to see more cool stuff in the future)

2 Likes

Awesome idea @mateosalta! @Kaybag looks like graphical snaps are possible… though might need to engage KODI to make it happen (or at the very least their community).

Boot Failure After HDD wipe. HDD was wiped on windows machine. No partitions, shows in computer management as 931.48GB unallocated.

ERROR: “/dev/sda2 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!”

Good stuff @mateosalta - I’ll modify the FAQ as this is a nicer way to access the store. In the future, there will be an app to do this automatically, but anybody is welcome to try and build it. We have an app generator and the external sites app is open source and contains the required component to display the iframe :slight_smile:

@JasonBayton A Plex Media Server snap will be released tonight. Make sure to watch the webinar about The Making of the Nextcloud Box :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tucson_JS have you tried connecting the drive to a different USB port?

Yes, I have tried using a different USB port.

@Tucson_JS - This has been escalated. I suspect a defective SD card, but we’ll see what Canonical says and how we can sort this out.

I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong here; I’ve installed snapweb (beta), attempted to visit hostname:4200 and it refuses the connection. I’ve also rebooted just in case that’s the problem.

I’ve not enabled SSL or anything special just yet. Visiting http://hostname brings up NC as expected.

Also, does the snap support prettylinks?

Also also, when’s v.10 out for it?

@Tucson_JS - Apparently the SD card gets modified after the first boot and that’s the reason it worked for me (fresh SD card) and not for you (already booted once).

There is now a new FAQ entry with the correct process to follow. Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

Which channel did you use for snapweb? It could be that edge, per example, is broken.

Try a snap list to see if it’s enabled.

Type journalctl -xe to see if the service did start properly

No, because the .htaccess file is injected inside our Apache config instead of being read at runtime in order to improve performance. Since this is the only use-case I found for making that file read-write, I think the best option is to just enable pretty-urls by default.

I haven’t opened an issue about that yet, so feel free to do it :slight_smile:

10.0.1 is being tested right now. There is a snap you can download, but that won’t tell you if the migration is successful. It would be a new instance of NC.
Best thing to do wold be to load a VM with snapd on it, install NC9 from the command line, load some data and then upgrade with that snap.
In the future, it should be easier to test these upgrades by placing a lot of test data in the /media folder.

Can I at least manually enable it for the time being, assuming it’ll get overwritten?

Both stable and beta, neither will give me access to this elusive port 4200 web interface.

ubuntu@ubuntu-standard:~$ sudo snap list
Name         Version      Rev  Developer  Notes
nextcloud    9.0.53snap4  99   nextcloud  -
snapweb      0.21         16   canonical  -
ubuntu-core  16.04.1      424  canonical  -

I’m not fussed on when the updates come, knowing they’re being tested is enough since I have my current main server running on 10.0.1 already :slight_smile:

Have you tried with the IP?

And thanks for opening the issue :slight_smile:

Indeed both IP and host return the same:

This site can’t be reached
[ip] refused to connect.

Do you get this?

$ netstat -a | grep 4200
tcp6       0      0 [::]:4200               [::]:*                  LISTEN

No, it returns nothing.

I’ve tried to run the snap manually, and this is what I see:

ubuntu@ubuntu-standard:~$ sudo snap run snapweb                                                                       
runtime: this CPU has no floating point hardware, so it cannot run
this GOARM=6 binary. Recompile using GOARM=5.

Aargh… yes. I did completely forget about that. Thanks for the shell output.

Snapd is broken on ARM since last week. I wasted hours trying to figure out why and trying to find a workaround and that’s one reason I didn’t push any new snaps or releases.
Any snap you install will not run.

There is a workaround if you’re interested. It works because we’re not on Ubuntu Core yet.

I logged off for a bit, sorry @oparoz

I’m not fully with you on this. If snaps don’t run then why does NC work?

Yes, a workaround would be lovely.

What?!? You’re not allowed :smiley:

It’s only new snaps that you install which gets affected, existing ones are fine.

OK, try

$ wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/287156245/snap-confine_1.0.42-0ubuntu3_armhf.deb
$ sudo dpkg -i snap-confine_1.0.42-0ubuntu3_armhf.deb

That will replace your snap-confine with the latest version from yakkety

:wink:

That did the trick. Wonderful!

1 Like

Awesome news! :slight_smile:
It’s just a shame that it affects all users who will get their box delivered today…