Solved - DAVx5 Android not syncing to CALDAV after updates

I really don’t know the correct category for this.
Ubuntu server with snap install of nextcloud. Upgrades happen automatically.

I can move the android sliders to disable CALDAV and then I don’t get these errors anymore.

However, it’s not functioning with Calendar either.

NOTE:CARDAV shows Contacts, but recently contacted shows “-” as if there is a problem.

NOTE:CALDAV shows Contact with “-” and Personal does not show anything.

However enabling any CALDAV produces sync error.

Bump, +1 to this issue, same here. Latest update has broken davx5 android syncing.

Not sure what more to add.

When I go to the calendar app in Nextcloud webpage and click “Copy primary caldav link” I get an error saying “CalDAV link could not be copied to clipboard.”

Very frustrating issue, rely on my calendar a lot.

In a last ditch effort I tried resetting up the account in davx5 and now I’ve lost all syncing on my phone. Don’t have my calendar, tasks or contacts.

This is a rather major, app-breaking issue for me :frowning:

Bump - No one’s got anything to add to this or having the same issue?

As long as nobody would put out any more detailed info about their servers it might get tricky helping you

Afaik this is only a comfort feature in order to simplify the initial setup of DAVx5, and after it is set up DAVx5 works independently from the Nextcloud app.

You can also setup DAVx5 manually, as described in the “CalDAV/CardDAV setup” section here: CalDAV/CardDAV setup

Yeah the manual option doesn’t work either, unfortunately. Putting aside the fact that I literally can’t copy the caldav link from the calendar app inside of nextcloud because of the error, typing it out manually still has the same issues. :frowning:

How does the URL look like, you are trying to use? If you installed Nextcloud on a subdomain, it should look like this: https://cloud.yourdomain.tld/remote.php/dav

Also, if you are using 2FA on your Nextcloud you need to setup a device or app specific password, which you then have to use, in order to log in with DAVx5. Manage connected browsers and devices — Nextcloud latest User Manual latest documentation

If it still doesn’t work, we need more info, like what exactly happens after you manually entered the URL and your credentials? Do you get any error messages from the app? Are there any errors in the Nextcloud log?

I try to add that exact link (using my own domain ofc), and Android reports:

“Service Detection Failed
Couldn’t refresh collection list”

and no calendars are added. It’s the same if I do it via the app, or even try to directly access the calendar with the /principals link.

I have a bunch of errors in Nextcloud log like so

Error PHP Error: chmod(): Operation not permitted at /var/www/html/lib/private/Config.php#279
2022-11-07T11:25:12+0000
Error PHP Error: copy(/var/www/html/custom_apps/calendar/calendar/vendor/composer/platform_check.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_Helper.php#155
Error PHP Error: copy(/var/www/html/custom_apps/calendar/calendar/vendor/composer/installed.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_Helper.php#155
Error PHP Error: copy(/var/www/html/custom_apps/calendar/calendar/vendor/composer/installed.json): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_Helper.php#155
Error PHP Error: copy(/var/www/html/custom_apps/calendar/calendar/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_Helper.php#155
Error PHP Error: copy(/var/www/html/custom_apps/calendar/calendar/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_Helper.php#155
Error PHP Error: copy(/var/www/html/custom_apps/calendar/calendar/vendor/composer/autoload_psr4.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_Helper.php#155

I run via docker. All I did was dump the container, pull the new image, restart the container, same way I’ve updated every other time before. Contacts still syncs perfectly fine on its own, so long as you do it seperately with its own contacts link, like OP described.

Bump, again.

This is a critical bug that is very close to forcing me to abandon NextCloud. I need my calendars synced. Nobody has any idea or can offer any assistance whatsoever?

Again, one last time: give out detailed info about all systems involved here. Just “Docker” isn’t enough.

Or I’ll foresee you making your blackmailing attempt come true and leaving NC.:wink: ( nobody would care if you’d go or not, promised)

Blackmail? Are you okay dude? All I did was explain the seriousness of the impact of this bug to me. I have provided asm uch as I could think to provide and know to provide. Not once have you said “we need this, this and this, can find it here, here and there”.

I don’t understand why you’re being so snarky towards me, guess I just deserve to be talked down to for being incapable of fixing this myself or something.

The only other things I can think to add - I run the latest docker image, which is accessed via a reverse proxy with nginx using a LetsEncrypt SSL certificate and all put behind cloudflare.

If there’s more logs or something to provide than what I have already provided by all means please feel free to point me in the right direction.

But I’d appreciate you not being so condescending about it when all I’m doing is trying to ask for help and trying to emphasize how large of a bug I find this to be - I wouldn’t have updated if I’d known, and consider the NextCloud best usage advice of always updating pretty questionable now given my personal experience both with this experience-ruining bug and the way you’ve spoken to me when I reached out.

Well… “i am forced to leave Nextcloud if I won’t get any support on here” could easily understood as trying to blackmail the forum (as if anyone would care about it).

You don’t wanna understand that your problem seems to be quite rare so far (maybe it’s really a bug)… like i, myself, don’t have this particular problem… I (and the forum) just want to learn which NC version you are running, which php, which nginx, which DAVx5 version, which Android version, which Android Hardware, from where you installed Android App, etc.

get an impression of what is asked usually here - but as this effects more than your server it’s needed that you tell us the things as well I mentioned above

Sorry I haven’t checked back in and I will provide more info in the next couple days so that others might help diagnose.

The message on the android itself says:

Don’t leave just wait. It’s worth the wait.
I don’t have critical use so slow to get back on this, but I need to fix it too.

So I finally have a break to start digging into this.

Deleted my response on this cause I figured out my response was not relevant.

OK, I may have figured out something.
On android I added a DAVx5 account for another user that I created.

I used URL, user name and base address.

I got a popup that I since the user account is used for contacts, then I needed to create an account using email. It acts like it requires 2 accounts.

After this sync for that account all tabs went as expected.

So I believe I need to insure that my main DAVx5 account indeed is still using the account as required by DAVx5.

I didn’t check server logs since the new user is syncing fine so must be something that happened from the DAVx5 update on android.

That’s my opinion but I’ll perhaps remove my main account on android and re-add it to see if the problem is fixed or if it persists.

Thanks all. I’ll post back.

Here is the status of this question which seems to be DAVx5 related and possibly related to login credentials or methods.

I created another DAVx5 user account to connect to existing user, all went well except it required me to use username/base"url"/password. —email / password failed and directed me to use user/base/password.

I deleted my existing account that was working and had been used daily for over a year or so.

I added it back to DAVx5 using the user/base"url"/password method.
It asks me to then also use email account while taking me through the steps I confirm and account is created.

ALL SYNC data for CARDAV, CALDAV now working.

Sooooooo… with this in mind I have to conclude this is a DAVx5 update issue something about the login credentials or how DAVx5 is syncing with nextcloud.

Short answer delete android DAVx5 account and re-create account / sync data and BOOM all fixed.

Thanks all

Then

Is your nextcloud exposed to the web and does it actually have a web based address to access it from the web ?

My does but the page says this:
This is the WebDAV interface. It can only be accessed by WebDAV clients such as the Nextcloud desktop sync client.

I’m not sure how this is suppose to function because I don’t use that feature as it’s built into my nextcloud for web use already.

If your nextcloud is on Local IP and not exposed to a Public IP this will be a problem for you and you need to configure some more things for public web use etc.

I don’t know how your nextcloud is configured so I can’t say exactly anything else about what the problem is.

On my end I assume I have to further configure something in order to share a calendar or something but I’ll look into that when I get a chance this week. I do have need to share a calendar with family and appointments etc.

This has not resolved my issue at all and I am struggling to tell if it is even the same issue.

When you click the “Copy primary caldav address” button link on the calendar app, what happens? Mine errors and says no link available.

I tried creating new accounts.

What exactly did you mean by “I created another DAVx5 user account to connect to existing user, all went well except it required me to use username/base"url”/password. —email / password failed and directed me to use user/base/password.

I deleted my existing account that was working and had been used daily for over a year or so.

I added it back to DAVx5 using the user/base"url"/password method.
It asks me to then also use email account while taking me through the steps I confirm and account is created."

Could you elaborate on these steps and what the user/baseurl/password with slashes method may mean?