Slow webinterface

Hi,

Ive just setup an docker environment, with an MySQL container and the official Nextcloud image.
The containers resides on an VM with 2xvCPU and 4GB memory, and are in no way utilized
All the data is stored on an NVMe disk, except for the data, which is stored at an Raid6.

Everything seemed to be working fine, except after 30-60 seconds after the Nextcloud container starts.
Then the webinterface begins to become extremely slow.
The sites themself works fine and are snappy, but when moving to another tab (fx Support -> Overview), it then takes between 45 to 70 seconds for the site to load.

So far ive done this, trying to fix the issue:
ran “docker exec --user www-data php occ db:add-missing-indices”
ran docker stats - and verified its not throttling
Viewed the docker logs for both MySQL and Nextcloud, and published TCP/9982 for Collabora, since this was the only warning in the logfile.

Ive attached an image of the waterfall / debug console from Chrome, that clearly shows the issue.
Waterfall

I cant seem to figure out why, this issue is happening, and im looking for new hints, solutions, etc in order to fix this issue :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

It seems we are a lot to face the same kind of issue. I described a similar issue, but I am still expecting for some help.
Maybe, could you give more details regarding your docker, nextcloud, mariadb or mysql version ?

Hi Iwan,

“Great” to hear, im not the only one facing this issue.
My docker VM is an Ubuntu server 20.04, that only handles Nextcloud, Mysql and the Portainer agent.
Nextcloud is running version 20.0.4
MySQL is running version 8.0.22

Not really sure, what more to provide, but if you need more info - please let me know! :slight_smile:

Indeed, my config is almost the same.
Can you give more details regarding your docker version ??
docker --version
?

Docker version 20.10.1, build 831ebea

Thus, we could make sure there is something slowing down Nextcloud with those components…

Best guess: Nextcloud 20.0.2snap2 Interface Incredibly Slow

Docker version 19.03.8, build afacb8b7f0

That actually worked!
I saw the article before, but apparently disabled the App in the wrong place.

Thanks

You mean, you downgraded to Docker version 19.03.8 ?

No i disabled the Collebra app, as mentioned in the article :slight_smile: