Share notes / Tasks with other users

Hello,
There are some good apps for notes and tasks out there, for example
Jtx board
Nextcloud tasks
Nextcloud notes

But i’m not sure, how to share notes or Tasks with other nextcloud users.
Do i need to share the files directly with nextcloud files or is there a integrated share function in these apps because i dont see anything like this .

Thanks so much.
Best regards

Notes cannot be shared from the notes app, but they can be shared from the files app. Start by reading the sharing documentation.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/user_manual/en/files/sharing.html

Sadly not possible in tasks app. See this feature request. You can share cards in the Deck app, which is similar (but not exactly the same).

No idea, JTX Board is a newer app. Also worth noting it is not developed by the core team.

There is not, as mentioned above. :heart:

1 Like

Hi Just,
Thanks a lot.
Just one question

For the tasks app. I dont want to assign tasks or subtasks to users (thats what the github Feature Request is about).i just want to edit tasks together.

But if i understand you correct, that is not possible too, isn’t it?

My experience has been to use the Deck app for collaboration. Test it out vs tasks (which has only worked for one user at a time).

Deck cards can appear in tasks… perhaps that would allow editing from tasks side.

There is also openprojects.

Hi phatair! Its easy to accomplish in the NC web app and working on android devices too for free! I have used shared tasks and calendars for many years in nextcloud by now, so i really don’t understand that you have been told it is not possible and nobody said otherwise? It certainly is possible. Here is what you do in your webapp and android devices:

Create a Calendar with integrated tasks List (or just a task List) and share it with a user(read/write? you decide!) Now the web app collaboration already works.

On Android install F-Droid store and from the F-Droid store install DAVx5 and Tasks.org (best Tasks App imho, has substasks)

• log into DAVx5 with your primary caldav adress ,which you can copy from your NC calendar page (bottom left) You just need this URL, your NC Username and Password (if you enabled 2FA, its of course an AppToken instead of your password)

• Then in your calendar app manage your shared calendar(i love aCalendar Pro)

• Open Tasks.org app and again add your CalDAV Account credentials as only the CalDAV Account supports Task sharing

You are done. Calendars get synced by DAVx5 and tasks get synced by Tasks.org app in realtime via CalDAV :slightly_smiling_face:

But how do you share with other users, plus award them editing access.
The question is not for syncing between devices.

1 Like

I do not understand where you see the problem? You share a calendar(with a task list) just as every other thing in nextcloud. It has always been that way for years now.
Just as I said you can grant read or write acccess to the Users you are sharing with.

Of course this is exactly what phatair asked for as he even repeated that he just wants to edit shared tasks with different people. And this feature is working for years now in the Webapp and even on Android as I discribed it.

Well this even was discribed back in 2019 in the same forum: How to share the Task App with others? - #12 by dosch