Reminders.app does not display NC tasks

Hi,

I trying to use the Reminders app of my mac to add tasks however, it doesn’t show NC tasks.

I correctly configured the account (with CalDAV):

The calendar works, but not the Reminders app:

Capture d’écran 2020-11-17 à 00.37.21

I configured my instance according to the doc:

I use Træfik as a reverse proxy.
My nextcloud is dockerised, version 20.0.1

I use cloudflare as a DNS resolver and I use their SSL/TLS encryption in Full (strict) mode.

I would like to point out that it works well with a task app on my android with DAVx5.

Any suggestions ?

The problem occure with:

• MacOS: 11.0.11 (Big Sur)
  • Reminders: 7.0 (2185)

Note on iOS (via the macOS Simulator) I doesn’t works, I get an SSL error.

If I use let’s encrypt, I can see and edits my tasks with Reminders on iOS but not on MacOS.

First you can try to use the search function of this forum to find an answer on your question:

https://help.nextcloud.com/search?q=macos%20task%20sync

Next you can ask aunt G. for help. Although the following blog post is in German language you should be able to read it using e.g. Google translator. I think it describes your problem, which is mainly caused by an iOS software change, and might help you understanding/fixing the problem:

I also found this thread in English language in the Apple forum:

Yep, @j-ed, I already take a look before posts. Unfortunatly none of the proposed solutions worked.

To be clear, my problem is not related to iOS, it’s about Mac OS.

I tested with several other calDav solutions (radical/mailu/,fruux, etc.), none of them work.
I suppose a SSL problem. But I can’t figure out if it’s only that.

Based on the cited German blog post, the problem appears on both systems, iOS AND MacOS. The article indeed refers to a certificate issue:

Apple has straightened there certificate policy for server certificates on iOS 13 and macOS 10.15. A certificate need to fullfil the following requirements to be accepted:

• The certificate key length need to be at least 2048 bits.
  • The certificate need to be signed with a SHA-2 certificate key.
  • The DNS name of the server need to be part of the SAN extension of the certificate (It isn’t allowed to put the DNS name in the CommonName field - I personally don’t believe that)

For certificates which have been created after September 1st 2019 this requirement is also needed:

• The certificate need to contain an EKU extension with id-kp-serverAuth OID.
    (Don’t aks me what this is)
  • The certificate validation couldn’t be more than 825 days.
    (Source: https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT210176)

I have the same issue. Calendar and Tasks sync without issue on iOS 14.2. On macOS 11.0.1 (Big Sur), Calendar syncs, but tasks do not. It worked fine on Catalina.

I’m having the exact same issue as psychotic. Everything was working fine on Catalina, everything still works fine on iOS 14, but in Big Sur only Calendar will sync, Reminders won’t update at all.