Personal accounting app

Hello,
I’m using a personal app (running in local at home) that I’ve developed to handle my personal bank account and budget. I was thinking about having this migrated as a new Nextcloud app.
Before I start into this project, I’d like to have your feedback:

• is there any already ongoing initiative around personal accounting? (not aiming at companies, something simple for personal use)
  • would there be anyone else than myself interested by such an app?

cheers,
Fabien

4 Likes

Sounds cool! Are there any imports functions available then? :slight_smile:

I’m thinking by starting with an import by copy/paste … an automated import could be the next level :slight_smile:

Sounds good! I am still searching for the ideal solution for my home-banking system… It would be nice to have something in nextcloud.

Locally I am using homebank, but need some cross-device/shareable solution…

My needs:

• multiple accounts
  • multiple categories (common for in/out)
  • tags
  • import (from a bank system)
  • connect files

I am looking forward to seeing this happen!

1 Like

could you please precise what you mean?

e.g. photo of the receipt

1 Like

Hi @fabi1

An accounting app sounds interesting. While I’m not sure what this app would be capable of in detail, I can’t tell if I will definitely use it, but I’m interested so far! So looking forwarding to seeing the first version :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started a similar project a while ago but unfortunately because of lack of time I never got to finish it. You might want to check it out at:

I had the same intention last year and started a little (really little) bit last year, but didn’t touch it for more than half a year unfortunately. No time :timer_clock: sadly. I found https://github.com/mschindler83/fints-hbci-php/ as HBCI lib.

If anyone is considering implementing something like this, PLEASE consider making it a complementary web-version to Money Manager EX: https://www.moneymanagerex.org/
MMEX is fully open-source, cross-platform, has a great android client and already syncing with dropbox etc.

But it really lacks a web-interface and nicer sync.
A while ago they experimented with something, but it was abandoned again:

So that could be a start as reference.

@Krischan what would it mean to interoperate with MMEX? Support import/export?

Also curious if anyone made further progress on this concept yet.

I checked it out when @Krischan pointed it out, but in my opinion it has a horrible 90’s user interface and is not really compatible with what I want to create.

Unfortunately I am stuck with work and in the process of rewriting everything to Vue.js (as that’s what nextcloud is using right now and they have a lot of components ready)

1 Like

Hello everybody
Has the financial tool already made progress?
I am a quaestor at a scout division and would be very interested in such a solution. I would have the following needs:

• Upload receipts by mobile phone
  • Double-entry bookkeeping with the option to save receipts behind the bookings
  • budget
  • Group-dependent read access to accounts with the stored budget
  • Multi-tenancy

nice to have:

• Project accounting (for scout camps or other occasions, simple accounting for billing so that it can be easily integrated into the overall accounting)
  • Automated invoicing (for membership fees)
  • Create DME files for outgoing payments
  • Automatic posting of incoming payments
1 Like

Any development?

I’m working on an app that integrates a personal accounting tool called HLedger into Nextcloud. If you’re still looking for something and you find it interesting, let me know.

1 Like

Hey, in case anyone is still interested, I finally managed to publish the app in the Nextcloud app store. It’s still not finished but it should work basically and I’ll keep working on it… :wink:

3 Likes

:heart:

Wow @powerpaul great idea!

Thank you for publishing your work for the community!

I am a single person NC user and this addon works perfect for me. Cospend is great, but i was looking for a personal basic income/expense & Balance sheet. Boom… NC Money!

I wanted to share the error log that my NC is showing for NC Money:
-ubuntu 20.04
-nginx
-php8.1
-redis
-postgreSQL

Thank you for developing NC Money! Great icon as well!

error might be my PostgreSQL?

[index] Error: Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42883]: Undefined function: 7 ERROR:  function round(double precision, integer) does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT a.*, ROUND(SUM(b.value), 2) AS balance FROM oc_money_...
                    ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. at <<closure>>

0. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php line 1780
    Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\API\PostgreSQL\ExceptionConverter->convert()
 1. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php line 1719
    Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->handleDriverException()
 2. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Statement.php line 193
    Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->convertExceptionDuringQuery()
 3. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/PreparedStatement.php line 87
    Doctrine\DBAL\Statement->execute()
 4. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/apps/money/lib/Controller/AccountController.php line 33
    OC\DB\PreparedStatement->execute()
 5. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 225
    OCA\Money\Controller\AccountController->getAccounts()
 6. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 133
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController()
 7. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 172
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch()
 8. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 298
    OC\AppFramework\App::main()
 9. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1030
    OC\Route\Router->match()
10. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/index.php line 36
    OC::handleRequest()

GET /apps/money/accounts
from myip by username at 2022-09-17T22:38:22+00:00

Hello. Thanks for the kind words. :blush:

I published an update yesterday, maybe the error is fixed already. Otherwise it should have to be related to PostgreSQL as I use only Mysql and therefore only test with it.

Also note that the app is still not finished and code integrity check is also broken (in case you’re wondering)… :wink:

1 Like

Hi @powerpaul

I updated but still not working on PostgreSQL. I totally understand that your addon is alpha/Beta but I still think it is a great addon!
Thank you again for sharing your addon with the NC community :heart:. Maybe a PostgreSQL NC user (smarter than me) will be able send you a pull request for code to include for PostgreSQL to work :smile: I think your addon idea is amazing and I am sure a lot of NC users will benefit from your work!

Bravo :tada:

Thank you!

log

[index] Error: Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42883]: Undefined function: 7 ERROR:  function round(double precision, integer) does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT a.*, COALESCE(ROUND(SUM(b.value), 2), 0) AS balance F...
                             ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. at <<closure>>

0. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php line 1780
    Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\API\PostgreSQL\ExceptionConverter->convert()
 1. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php line 1719
    Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->handleDriverException()
 2. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Statement.php line 193
    Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->convertExceptionDuringQuery()
 3. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/PreparedStatement.php line 87
    Doctrine\DBAL\Statement->execute()
 4. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/apps/money/lib/Controller/AccountController.php line 57
    OC\DB\PreparedStatement->execute()
 5. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/apps/money/lib/Controller/AccountController.php line 85
    OCA\Money\Controller\AccountController->getAccount()
 6. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 225
    OCA\Money\Controller\AccountController->addAccount()
 7. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 133
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController()
 8. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 172
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch()
 9. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 298
    OC\AppFramework\App::main()
10. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1030
    OC\Route\Router->match()
11. /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/index.php line 36
    OC::handleRequest()

POST /apps/money/accounts
from myip by myuser at 2022-09-19T20:38:29+00:00

I looked around and potentially fixed the error. I’ll have to look into testing the backend with various databases but it will take some time. I’ll also prepare a new patch release soon… hope your problem will be fixed then and you can continue to check out the app… :wink:

1 Like