OnlyOffice compiled with Mobile Edit Back

would you have a link with a step by step how I can do it this way? As I am learning to deal with OO, a lot is new to me and it would be a great help if you could help me with this setup. I’ve been trying to compile for about 15 days, first I got its docker, but as I don’t have much knowledge, I couldn’t get it to work, so I decided to compile it on a pure server (I don’t know if you understood) OO and with great difficulty and I got help from everyone.

Re-read the first comment on this topic.
I speak about Nginx Proxy. If you use apache so you will have to google apache proxy for OnlyOffice

1 Like

@dev0 i will look at then i will upload the upgrade to 5.6.0.
It can make the how to more quicker to follow.

1 Like

Hello,
Could you share the dockerfile you use in https://hub.docker.com/r/nemskiller007/officeunleashed ?
Thanks,
Bigz

1 Like

For information i had an error while restarting my docker container

[2020-08-10T12:40:37.575] [ERROR] nodeJS - [AMQP] Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:5672
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1107:14 

I docker stop and docker start again and it works, no idea why.

Nothing personal, but I wouldn’t trust a docker image without sources either. :confused:

Have a look at this repo:

1 Like

I don’t have a docker file written by myself.
I use the one that OnlyOffice gave on github.
I put the source code and compiled files in a share for 5.5.1 but it’s really huge and so i didn’t do it for 5.5.3.
I won’t release them for 5.6 but i will do for 6.0

Here is the github for creating a Docker Container from compiled files : https://github.com/onlyoffice-testing-robot/onlyoffice-documentserver-run-compiled
I used the Ubuntu 18.04 one

Sorry, no offense meant!

The files in the repo I linked to basically allow for building a patched version of OO within the container itself (with cleanup) and provide all the steps needed to do so in a documented way. Not even a Linux host needed.

I didn’t bother with pushing the image to the registry though.

Yeah
The main point why i’ve made this Docker container isn’t changing the 20 connections limitation, there is more easy ways to achieve that (like a script).
It’s for bringing back MOBILE EDITING, something OnlyOffice totally f*ck’d up.
And you can’t modify that with a script with a vanilla docker container.
I “just” downgrade some files from the version bellow 5.5.1, compile with OnlyOffice tools and Dockerize it with OnlyOffice tools too.

1 Like

hello then you will not recompile version 5.6.2 of OO? will expect to release version 6, is that it? as for the script to remove the limitation of 20 connections could you say how to make or post how to use this script? I appreciate your effort to make OO available without limiting the 20 connections.

I will update my docker to 5.6.2 but i won’t share the compiled files. I will do it for the 6.0 version.
For the script i don’t know :man_shrugging: follow this : OnlyOffice compiled with Mobile Edit Back

My GitHub repo does include a patch for mobile editing, fyi.

3 Likes

thanks a lot, i will look as soon as possible.

who knows where the logs are stored this docker onlyoffice?
/var/log/onlyoffice -empty
/app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/logs-empty

For mobile editing it is sufficient to patch the official container with

for f in $ROOT/var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/web-apps/apps/*/mobile/app.js; do
    sed -i 's/\(isSupportEditFeature:function(){return\)!\(1}\)/\1 \2/g' "$f" \
        && { cat "$f" | gzip > "$f".gz; }
done

where $ROOT is the filesystem root of the docker container. Aleks does (almost) exactly this and additionally recompiles the server part to remove the 20 connection limit.

6 Likes

Hello.

I tried to run your latest docker image but whatever I do, it can not start. I get this error message:
OCI runtime create failed: unable to retrieve OCI runtime error (open /run/containerd/io.containerd.runtime.v1.linux/moby/115f63715d5997cdf638c4cb49ebb54d5dcfdcd13a6b7ae279f1289faf5963f0/log.json: no such file or directory): runc did not terminate sucessfully: unknown

And after a few times I tried to start I get this error message:
read unix @->@/containerd-shim/eb094513d1aeaf0c2a69973329d276f09635dbfcffa89fc0ea9be754aa6bb55b.sock: read: connection reset by peer: unknown

And sometimes I get this error:
{"message":"OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused \"process_linux.go:291: starting init process command caused \\\"fork/exec /proc/self/exe: resource temporarily unavailable\\\"\": unknown"}

Does someone have a clue what’s happening or how I can fix that?

If the question comes up: I am using Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS (with Plesk 12).
And the official OnlyOffice document server docker image does work well for me, btw.

Thanks!

Seems like this isn’t working in dockerimage v. 5.6.5 anymore. Does anyone know anything about this?

the aleho repository mentioned above appears working on 5.6.5.3 for me as of today, it was patched ~2 weeks ago.
EDIT: I just verified build Version: 5.6.5 (build:3) with > 20 connections and mobile editing are working.

What errors are you seeing?

I meant running the simple script for getting mobile edit back isn’t working in the official image. I will take a deeper look next week.

For me it’s also working normal. Open on multiple mobile devices and editing normally. @AfSZD you who maintain the repository?