Nextcloud user manual translation

dutch

I think the next question would be, is there a tool to manage translation for such files? Or for possible workaround, and it seems to be possible: http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/advanced/intl.html with a workaround in transifex.

1 Like

And there seems to be a French version already (but without translation tool):

thread on the forum:

0 Likes

For sure the community can translate the rst files directly at GitHub.

0 Likes

But it’s probably very painful to track changes, if we could implement the solution to add this to transifex would probably a better solution.

I don’t know if the procedure to create the files for Transifex, if there is a way in github to implement this or if we need some external robot to run this (I could try the solution in the link with a local repository). At some later point I’d probably need some help from Jos or someone with admin access.

0 Likes

Some other thoughts besides the technical solution with Transifex.

• How do we handle new NC major releases? Currently it looks like the whole doc for e.g. NC15 will be copied to NC16 and adapted. Will we do the same at Transifex and have subproject for each major release?
  • Is somebody from Nextcloud company in charge for the documentation task? IMHO we need a person to manage the documentation (not the translation).
  • Which language teams have the power to permanently work on translation of the docs? Only a few from my POV. If a doc is only translated e.g. 50% (or any value, tbd) of the doc it should not be published in my opinion.

Any thoughts? @jospoortvliet ?

0 Likes