Nextcloud Hub 8 (29.0.0) Weird error messages

Hello, I have been running my nextcloud server since 2018 and have usually upgraded without too many issues. But this time I have a couple of error messages that makes no sense.

1:
Failed to get an iterator for log entries: Logreader application only supports “file” log_type.

I have absolutely no idea what this message means, and neither does google it seems.

2:
Your web server is not properly set up to resolve .well-known URLs, failed on: /.well-known/caldav

This is configured correctly, it has been working just fine up until now.
I am wondering if this is a “broken” update? Have anyone else experienced these issues after updating?

Solution edit:

I removed

'log_type' => 'errorlog',

from config.php and error #1 is gone.

The next issue was .htaccess inside the nextcloud folder

RewriteRule ^\.well-known/caldav remote.php/dav/ [R=301,L]

Needed to be
changed to:

RewriteRule ^\.well-known/caldav /remote.php/dav/ [R=301,L]

I have no idea how this was changed, carddav and other rewrite rules was still correct for instance.

Hello,
I also get an error. Unfortunately everything in the log is empty. I don’t even know where to look for the error.
The update went through without any problems.
Greeting
Daniel

Next bug after this upgrade is that there are no photos in the “photos” tab, but they are all available from “files” I hope this will be fixed in a upcoming update.

I think your issue is documented here: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/45033

I am getting an error that my htaccess is not working and saying my data directory is probably accessible from the internet. My htaccess does seem to be working, urls are rewritten properly, my .well-knowns work, etc. and my data directory has been outside of the document root for years. I just opened a topic here as well. I guess this is what I get for being bored on a Sunday and deciding it was time to run some updates. My webui wouldn’t show 29.0.0 and that should have been my clue to just wait but I decided to run the upgrade from cli anyway.

2 Likes

I am noticing a lot of weird error messages since upgrading to 29 (on an RPI running Debian 12). This one is not the weirdest, but it happens when I click /settings/admin/files_archive

{
   "app" : "PHP",
   "data" : {
      "app" : "PHP"
   },
   "level" : 3,
   "message" : "file_get_contents(/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_archive/lib/Settings/../../js/asset-meta.json): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_archive/lib/Toolkit/Traits/AssetTrait.php#72",
   "method" : "GET",
   "remoteAddr" : "192.168.0.7",
   "reqId" : "ZjGD0C0fASIL1DTifS-CGQAAAAQ",
   "time" : "2024-04-30T23:50:40+00:00",
   "url" : "/settings/admin/files_archive",
   "user" : "ncp",
   "userAgent" : "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:125.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/125.0",
   "version" : "29.0.0.19"
}