🚀 Nextcloud 21 RC2 is available for testing!

Hi all,

We just made the second RC of Nextcloud 21 available! Help us test it to make sure it is as stable and reliable as possible for everyone. You can find the download links on nextcloud.com/install or go directly to the download server: :package: zip :key: asc :heavy_check_mark: md5

What’s new? As usual, we keep that a bit secret to not spoil the surprise (and press coverage) but we do encourage you to try out Text, Talk, Mail, Calendar and Deck!

Also as usual, the upgrade process is of particular importance: we really appreciate reports of upgrade problems so we can ensure everybody can move smoothly to the latest and greatest Nextcloud!

Thank you in advance for your contributions :hugs: :kissing_heart:

Edit : and now RC2 is out, keep it up :wink: and thanks for the feedback below!

6 Likes

Upgraded from v20, no problems, all is working fine.

Seems a bit faster, I don’t use Talk, Mail, Calendar and Text so I can’t test the advances in that areas.

2 Likes

I noticed Talk cannot be enabled.

Exception: Argument 2 passed to OC\Comments\Manager::__construct() must implement interface Psr\Log\LoggerInterface, instance of OC\AppFramework\Logger given, called in /var/www/vhosts/nextcloud/apps/spreed/lib/Chat/CommentsManager.php on line 46

For the rest no issues so far.

Can you try RC2, which was just released?

Yes, just upgraded to RC2, same issue.

I just upgraded from 21 RC1 to RC2, could activate Talk without problems. Did not try it on RC1, though.

Can you give a few more Details on your setup? Especially what PHP Version you are running?

Sure, below the details:

Ubuntu 18.04.5
Linux 4.15.0-122-generic x86_64

PHP Version: 7.4.12
Memory Limit: 512 MB
Max Execution Time: 3600
Upload max size: 512 MB

MariaDB Version: 10.2.36

I tried reinstalling Talk which does not work, I get “An error occured during the request. Unable to proceed.”

Upgraded from RC1 to RC2, and both myself and others have remarked that the server is much faster as a result.

1 Like

I have no problems with Talk in RC2. :thinking:

I did a clean install, same problem, cannot enable Talk. Different errors in the logs, seems the bug reported below.

That was actually fixed a while ago: Comments manager uses the PSR logger now by nickvergessen · Pull Request #4316 · nextcloud/spreed · GitHub

Are you using the latest Talk?

A post was split to a new topic: Migrate oC10.6 to Nextcloud21

Yes, it is the latest Talk, version 10.0.5. Those changes are not in this version though, I applied them manually, no change.

Upgraded from 20.0.7 with no issues at all. This is the first time I have been able so complete an upgrade from the web front-end without issue. In fact the reason that I switched to the beta for now is that the upgrade from 20.0.6 (which required a lot of intervention) borked several things including webdav.

At first try, RC2 seems a bit faster than 19 and 20.

I’m guessing you’re running an older version of the Talk app. Are you able to update the Talk app and try again to activate it?

The latest is 10.1.1 - Release v10.1.1 · nextcloud/spreed · GitHub

I was running the latest, a update is available to me now, 11.0 RC1, this is working.

I am getting a really weird error after updating. I am able to log on the admin account. I have access to a few apps, like News and Notes. However, when I try to go info “Files” or go into settings, or the apps setting, I get an error:

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details

• Remote Address: 99.225.191.138
  • Request ID: dJYP1yhiSStHZaYDz2xA

I noticed that OC_Files_Locs was going crazy high, so I cleaned those. Now, the issue ended up being the External storage support for the Google Drive app. I disabled it and it got fixed. I am only writing because I was not able to find a fix anywhere. So this is just to save some time, to whoever ends up in the same issue a me.

Yes, the server looks a bit faster.