Nc not finding all files in folder

hi,
I already asked in the german subforum (Maximale Dateianzahl bei externen Speichern?) but still havenā€™t solved this.

My nextcloud 18.0.8 installation, with MySQL db and redis if that matters, does not find all files in a certain folder. This folder is a CIFS share on my Windows server mounted with External Storage.

It only shows the first 430 files alphabetically and then just stops.
I tried to do an occ files:scan --verbose on the folder and again it just stops at 430 files after the files starting with L.
If I rename a file with a filename starting with Z to A_oldfilename it shows up and one file at the bottom drops out.
When I tried occ files:scan for the first time I had an error with file locking and redis, which I fixed by clearing redis cache. I now tried to increase maxmemory to 512mb in redis.conf, because I thought it might not fit more than 430 filenames, which did not change anything.

When I set my nextcloud up I did not have this issue, it must have come with an update or something, but I do not know exactly which one, because I rarely access this folder.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem might be or what I could check?

as mentioned in german in my other thread I found the solution here:

forcing SMB3 in /etc/samba/smb.conf by adding
client max protocol = SMB3
directly under the [global]-tag solved my problem.

1 Like