Missing sync-icons in windows explorer

We’ll need to ask the nextcloud team @jospoortvliet i add him to his comment.

Yeah, most stupid design limitation ever.

WRT fixing this bug, is it reported somewhere? If not it isn’t likely to get fixed :wink:

Hello,
I also have the same problem.
I no longer have icone on my folders sync and more sharing option in the context menu.
Moreover, despite the option selected and the presence of the client Nextcloud in the startup applications this one does not start.

I uninstall with Revo taking care of all remove and do a clean reinstall. But every time the software settings are there.

Would have a solution?

Thank you

Did you try what @AZeroEight described here : Missing sync-icons in windows explorer.

It works for me.

Where do I have to add the three spaces?

Here with regedit.exe : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

Add 3 spaces in front of the name of the OC* keys.

Thanks but i don’t see the OC*keys.

I do not understand too much that I need to uninstall Dropbox ??
Note that the Owncloud client was installed previously but it was uninstalled with Revo unistaler.

Strange, you should have these keys as soon as the Nextcloud client is installed.

As you recently uninstalled the owncloud client, maybe there is a conflict here (keys uninstalled by ownCloud uninstaller ?).

You should maybe uninstall Nextcloud and install it again.

Now I have the same syndrome on my main PC. No improvement after reinstalling and uninstalling the Owncloud client.
There I do not know what to do. It’s strange though.

Hello,

You can use this small .cmd to fix the issue

reg delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0960F090-F328-48A3-B746-276B1E3C3722}" /f
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\NextCloud\shellext\OCOverlays_x64.dll"
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
start explorer.exe
exit

Hi,

after updating to 2.3.3 I did not see icons, so I want follow this thread to reregister the DLL. BUT…I do not find any shellext directory in my Nextcloud client installation nor any OCOverlays*.dll on my PC.
Does NextCloud 2.3.3 stopped using overlay icons?

Thanks to [AZeroEight]) and fifh.

Due to a limited number of entries for ovelay icons in Microsoft Windows explorer, if a Dropbox sync-client was installed prior to Nextcloud’s, the sync -icons won’t show up in your local files.
In order to fool the explorer you need to rename the five registry key
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers\OCxxxxx
in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers\ OCxxxxx
(the spaces added, though one might suffice but i haven’t tried yet!)

If like Liberium, your using [OneDrive] too, the overlay keys number may may exceed the limit supported by the explorer and you may need another workaround…
(you could try to delete the five [OneDriveN] keys first …)

Marker for sychronised directory win10

Hi LiLa,

thanks for your answer. I don’t know why, but somehow I missed to see your anwser. I just see right now.

I never used DropBox sync client or OneDrive.
I checked my registry and I did not have any OCError, OCOK … entries. I even used the find feature for scanning the whole registry.
As I wrote before there was no shellext directory with the OCOverlays DLLs in my system at all. So I reinstalled the NextCloud Desktop Client and especially unchecked and rechecked the Windows Shell Integration feature within the install wizard. After killing and starting the explorer again, the icons appeared.
So for me the problem was that the shell integration was not installed during last update, for what reason ever.

Anyway, thank you for your hint.
afi

Hi,
I also have this issue with missing icons, but in addition to this I am missing the NC context-menu in Windows 10 Explorer, too! There is no possibility to share within Windows Explorer.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, rebooted the PC, but the context-menu “Nextcloud” is not there. During installation of course explorer integration was activated.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!