Missing sync-icons in windows explorer

Installing Visual C++ redistributable fixed it for me. It was the third installation on Windows 10 machines in my household, and the first one with no icon overlays or context menu.

I followed various suggestions above. The Registry keys were in place, indeed they all had a space in front, but the .dll files would not register. So I took your advice, installed the Visual C++ redistributable, then registerered OCOverlays.dll and OCContextMenu.dll (successful this time) and it was fixed on a reboot.

Many thanks.

Hello,
unfortunately, I’m in the same situation and nothing works.

I was able to run the “Nextcloud-2.3.3.1-setup” version on my pc .
If I upgrade to version 2.5 the icons disappear, impossible to run NextCloud on my pc.

What worked for me.
I found that I lost the “Share via nextcloud” option in the context menu when I installed client version 2.6.4.

The fix for me was to load v2.3.3.1 over the top of 2.6.4. I had to reenter the user into the client and the context menu came back.

I then sequentially upgraded to version 2.5.0, then 2.6.2, then back to 2.6.4 and all was good.

I suspect the upgrade to 2.6.2 was probably not necessary.
I think that whatever was missing was rectified with the 2.5.0 upgrade.

Worked for me. File name was “OCOverlays.dll” the _x64 were not present.

With NextCloud Windows 10 client version 3.0.1 (64bit machine) the correct command is

regsvr32.exe “C:\Program Files\Nextcloud\shellext\NCOverlays.dll”

Note the Program Files directory, NCO and not OCO and lastly no _x64 at the end

I add information for >3.0.1 Nextcloud cliente for Windows.

What worked for me is going to the register (regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers) and making sure the first entries are:

Seems that they changed name after 3.0.1 update. Now they are named NextcloudError, NextcloudOK, etc. I needed to add spaces in front of them to make sure they are the first ones.

1 Like

I had the same issue and I fixed it with the command line given by many of you.
But I have to change the path of the command line because mine was stored somewhere else. After a restart and the icon start showing up.

regsvr32.exe “C:\Program Files (x86)\Nextcloud\shellext\OCOverlays_x64.dll”

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

Hi, I had the same issue, I tried “regsvr32.exe “C:\Program Files\Nextcloud\shellext\NCOverlays.dll””, and then to put nextclouds entries in first in the register, like @qvarker and it works. I had other entries about dropbox and other sync clients that were above in the list, maybe that was the cause of the issue.
Thanks anyway !

If anyone is still have an issue please install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable on your computer restart and it should fix the issue.