Hide recent documents/suggestions and rich workspace

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 18.0.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): 18.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.2.24

Hi,

is there an option to disable the suggested documents and the rich workspace regions by default for all users?

thank you

Why is it so difficult to use the search function of the forum first?

That only answers part of the question - how to hide rich workspaces -
per user - using the files app setting, or globally (as per OP question) using the undocumented occ text workspace_available setting

Regarding how to hide the annoying suggestions/“recommendations” the only way I have found so far is to use css - install the ccs app and add

#filelist-header #recommendations {
    display: none;
}

On the rich workspace I’d still prefer it to be there but for Text to display the contents as read-only so that the toolbar doesn’t flash up if you accidentally click there and it takes less space and also so that there is less risk of users accidentally changing it in a group folder where they have write access. Just make it editable by editing the Readme.md file in the normal way…

Have you thought about disabling the recommendation app?

[falls off chair]DOH!
Who’d have thought that was a separate app!!! (obviously I didn’t)

Thank you
@madmas - I think your questions have been answered now :smiley:

thanks a lot @j-ed and @rogerco

yes, I also didn’t realize that the suggestions would be a separate app and looked for an config setting in the files module.

also @j-ed, please be assured that I searched for this before I posted my question and keep in mind that the technology does not always work as expected/desired.
Also I looked into the documentation but as the solution is an appearently undcoumented config switch, I couldn’t find it…

Thanks a lot for you answers and helping me out! - as you both seem to be fairly experiences Nextcloud users, maybe you have an idea what I can do about my notifications-problem ?