Help test the next generation Nextcloud Desktop Clients!

Encryption works so far, but not reliable on Mac OS X. When I drag multiple files into the encrypted folder it stops syncing with the server. When I create a folder in the encrypted folder, it remains unencrypted. It works only if I put the files individually in the encrypted folder.

I also have problems with sync on debian sid. Sometimes it work, somethimes not.

Every time I start the client, I have to renew the permission on the server and add the creditails. And every time I have to add the encryption password, is this worked as intend?

Some files will not be synced;

[OCC::PropagateItemJob::done Could not complete propagation of “encrypted/966c069ce5674742b7d6f1f61127119b” by OCC::PropagateDownloadFile(0x55596226af00) with status 2 and error: “File encrypted/966c069ce5674742b7d6f1f61127119b can not be downloaded because encryption information is missing.”

But it tells me too:

[OCC::EncryptionHelper::decryptStringAsymmetric data decrypted successfully

Being a bit conservative about my system security I’d rather not install another point of failure like an AppImage, even though I’d be happy to help testing. Sorry, that’s a nogo, because of problems like the ancient SSL version used (as mentioned above). And that problem is likely to occur with every AppImage I install. Nope, that’s definitely a nogo, even for testing purposes.
I just hopethat the Ubuntu PPAs are up to date. I’ll be giving the alpha PPA a try for the time being.

Perhaps you can provide a installer to install a second sync client. ownCloud did this by providing a testpilot client.

1 Like

Debian Testing 64 bit:

• i cannot log in with app password for soe reason. If i provide the password to the stable client then start the test client it connects, but even like this sometimes it hangs on logon.
  • I cannot encrypt a folder, i always have the mnemonic popup but when i try to right click on a folder and encrypt it i always et the “Wait for folder to sync” message. The folder is synced and it is empty.

Windows 10 Enterprise - [Nextcloud-2.5.0.0-Debug-20180703.exe]

Seem to have a random issue where the app will get stuck and stay at “waiting”. If i go into the app and do a force sync, everything goes green again.

My general release desktop dosnt seem to have this issue.

I also have the “Please wait for folder to sync” message when attempting to encrypt a folder.

It’s probably the best you all report your issues to the bugtracker providing all important information (versions, logfiles, conditions to reproduce bugs):

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Connect to local ip with “invalid” certificate

I’m running the new client on MacOS Mojave and noticed odd pixelated/grainy fonts. Maybe that has nothing to do with the Nextcloud client but Mojave… No idea.

PS: Make sure to click on the pics to view them in 100% size. Displayed inline the size is reduced which smoothens the pic a bit.

Hi, testing on Windows 10 here.

I have experienced the following:

• Long installation time (stuck on vcredist) with forced reboot
  • Problem when waking up from sleep (red cross). Will try to get some debug logs
  • Problem with menu location when switching between different screens (docked, undocked). Maybe related to DPI…

Thanks a million for the great work!

1 Like

I got the same exact problems

Please, report them in the bug tracker!

I have created one. https://github.com/nextcloud/desktop/issues/484

1 Like

Nextcloud-2.5.0.0-Debug-Activities-20180712.exe is broken. No software start.

Nextcloud-2.5.0.0-Debug-20180711 is unstable:
stop uploads without reasons, impossible to writes files … no logs usables

After Login, Redirecting indefinitely.
Impossible to go further

Installed on Windows 10

1 Like

Still the same problem as @Macs with the lastest build

software is unstable as it is. Stopped testing for me, going back to latest.

No desktop client app for ChromeOS??

Judged by the post above by @Macs, the openssl version for windows client still stays as ancient as 1.0.1h Jun 5, 2014. Can somebody on the team amend this?

1 Like