First beta of Nextcloud 29

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/43115

and so on and so forth

would reallly be great to fix the basics on existing version before anything

2 Likes

Maybe because it is not reproducible for the developers? All I can say is that I have no issues opening Office documents on my instance.

And what exactly do you mean by “For the Office documents, it has never worked since v14 or 15”?

• Attachments of calendar entries or emails, or not at all?
  • What Office integration are you using? Nextcloud Office/Collabora or OnlyOffice.
  • How is the document server installed? Built-in server (from Nextcloud App Store) or external server?
  • If you are using an external document server, how is it installed? Distro package manager or Docker?

Also, have you ever opened a forum post and/or GitHub issue about this and provided details about your system, configuration, and logs? If not, it will be difficult or impossible to help you.

I think this is the wrong thread to document bugs.

For me in “Nextcloud 29.0.0.0 beta 1” no pictures are displayed in the app “Photos” (in “Files” it works). In"All media", “Photos”, “Videos”, … text is “No photos or videos in here”. Test instance does not use any additional apps. Also new uploaded images are not displayed.

But maybe this is an individual problem. It certainly worked before. “Photos” has version “2.5.0”.

1 Like

I will document that during the weekend

WHat about the dysfunctional Calendar ?

Sorry, can’t comment on these because I don’t use the specific features you mentioned. I only have two users (me and my girlfriend) and we simply have shared our calendars to one another and do not send each other invitations for meetings :wink:

Great! I am excited about this project.

Agreed, best would always be the respective Github issue tracker, i.e. Sign in to GitHub · GitHub for photos-app related issues and adding the label “29-feedback” to it.

I’ll check on the items you referenced with the engineers. However some seem to be bugs in the sense of (broken but worked before) and some are “not working as expected by reporters” which may or may not be a bug or dysfunctional (not saying it is the way it should be, just that there are various angles to look a behavior of functionality - sounds very complicated and political, sorry bout that, not meant that way)

@Spurge420 can you please report that to Sign in to GitHub ¡ GitHub - that would be highly appreciated :pray:

1 Like

Photos work for me in photos and files app on a v28.03->29.0.0beta1 updated instance

2 Likes

Can you please create a dedicated forum post (i.e. not this one) with your environment’s details? I don’t see any posts on this topic in your history.

I have an NGINX setup using the config template that was current for NC28. I see this and similar warnings in /settings/admin/overview:

Could not check that the data directory is protected. Please check manually that your server does not allow access to the data directory. To allow this check to run you have to make sure that your webserver can connect to itself. Therefor it must be able to resolve and connect to at least one its trusted_domains or the overwrite.cli.url.

However, the settings are correct in config/config.php:

'datadirectory' => '/path/not/within/document_root',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'cloud.myserver.de',
  ),
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://cloud.myserver.de',

EDIT/Solution: Parameter order was wrong, fixed on master, see commit (as pointed to in another thread).

1 Like

I’m sorry, I should have gone about this the right way.
It’s rectified and no longer happening after a server reboot. So, if others come across a similar thing, that’s the solution.

Apologies, new to the community.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: API changes/release cycle impact on development

Thanks for the discussion link. Please stay on-topic here. This thread is about experiences on a specific version, and probably possible workarounds or links to such.

2 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Server error after automatic upgrade to beta release

To give a straightforward explanation of my text

I cannot reproduce it either. Sorry but it is not broken here.

This screenshot tells you that certain apps are not yet compatible with the beta version you are about to update to, which is to be expected with beta releases, and does in no way explain why you can’t open Office documents since Nextcloud 14, nor does it have anything to do with the calendar bugs you mentioned.

Please install a supported non-beta version (27 or 28) and open a new thread, fill out the support template and maybe someone can help you to get Nextcloud Office up and running.

Based on the vague information you posted in this news thread, where it doesn’t belong in the first place, no one will be able to help you. I can only repeat that there is no general issue with Nextcloud Office. I have been using it for years, and apart from minor bugs and issues with opening Office documents in the Android app from time to time, it has always worked for me.

2 Likes

And what? 7 apps doesn’t have an update to the first beta release? Quote normal I would say.

3 Likes

Do you have any Bug report for this? I’m using OnlyOffice with v.9.0.0 of the app with NC 28 and it works like a charm…