Ok, I got the point
I see that there is already a lot of activity at “mediadata” app github repository but I will write down my thoughts anyway
So, we could have an underlying metadata handling system with following features:
- system default metadata fields (creator, title, date created/modified …)
- user defined metadata fields (color of the car, something stupid, something smart … )
- system default metadata profiles (eg. text documents, photos …)
- user defined metadata profiles (eg. scientific article)
- metadata extraction and mapping
Maybe mapping is not necessary but if we want to have consistent search then search by “Creator” should find photos, documents and articles of that person. … In this example It means that we need a common “Author/Creator” field which could populate either from user input or could be extracted from photo IPTC or from MS Word document properties.
It’s the same with “Date created”, “Keywords”, “Summary/Description” etc etc.