Hello! I’m trying to connect to nextcloud from outside the network and I can’t. I set up port forwarding and created a cloud.xxx.xx subdomain in cloudflare. From the local network I can enter cloud.xxx.xx, but when I try to enter from the phone from cellular data it just loads and nothing appears.
I used this documentation to configure:
How to access from outside your network - NextcloudPi Documentation - Nextcloud community
Screenshot with nextcloud from the local network (connection with dns):
Screenshot with nextcloud from outside the network (connection with dns):
And then it says that it could not load, then it loads again and so on
Do you have any idea what to do?
welcome to the community of Nextcloud.
Sadly enough your post is missing almost all specific technical information. Thanks for your post, but please take a little time to get acquainted with the forum and make a stronger effort to troubleshoot. It is the least you can do when asking others to help you:
- Search your question as keywords on this forum. If you find something useful, link it directly into this post.
Search the internet using your issue as generic keywords. Specificity is king, e.g.:
php modules missing Ubuntu Snap update
- If you have an error message, repeat this process to search for your error on the forum and internet.
- If you do not find an answer, you are likely using the wrong keywords. Try simplifying your search on the forum and internet even more. E.g.
nextcloud php modules missing
- Once you’ve done this you should be able to edit and update your post with specific technical information we can use to help you.
- Check Nextcloud admin documentation
Please edit and update your post to include:
- Direct Links to any useful info pages, posts and other info you find.
- Add screenshots to your post for context
- If you have large log files to attach you can link to a pastebin
- And last but not least: Fill out our support form and add into your post.
These are the exact same steps we volunteers will be following to help you! So, get to it!
If you may notice, in tha tutorial you have given, there are two basic configuration methods
- Public IP
So first is to verify if your ISP is giving you Public IP or CG-NAT
DDNS or CloudF Flare may not work with CG-NAT based IP
So first check and verify that your router / modem is connecting to your ISP with Public IP in WAN.
Thank you for the answer.
I understand this, but it is strange that I can access nextcloud on the subdomain cloud.xxxxx.xx and from outside the network it just loads and nothing appears on cloud.xxxxx.xx.
There are many, many possible causes for this, and it’s not possible to diagnose without more information.
If you run from your server:
nslookup cloud.xxxxx.xx 220.127.116.11
Do both show the same IP address?
Hello! Thanks for the answer, but apparently they are not the same addresses. After using the nslookup command cloud.xxxxx.xx appears in the server and router ip address, and in “Non-authoritative answer:” the name cloud.xxxxx.xx and the nextcloud server ip address