There is a new thread almost every 15 min with people complaining about failed updates due to slow servers:
- Way too many issues, can anybody help
- Nextcloud 20 latest mit unvollständigen Apps und Appstore
- Webinstaller will nicht
- It seems that apps.nextcloud.com is down?
- Apps menu not showing any apps
- Recreate my nextcloud database again
This has been going on for a few days now. It leaves people partly with broken instances.
I think it would make sense to pause the update notification or offer it to much fewer people. I read somewhere that Nextcloud has a mechanism implemented for this.
The gain would be to prevent bad experiences for admins and users and loss of reputation, since Nextcloud does not really look “enterprise ready” atm, when it can’t even handle updates properly.
I hope it is OK to tag you, since it is urgent IMHO:
Since we haven’t seen any official statement regarding this in the past few days, I am not sure whether anything is done regarding this. If yes, feel free to ignore me. Thanks!