Unable to Update from 20.0.12.1

Hi, I am a little lost hereā€¦ I want to upgrade but when I do (via ncp-config) I have a message that is not possible to upgrade by skipping major updates.
I am looking to find out what is the lates NCP version but I cant find it.
I am no in version 20.0.12.1.
Is there a place where to see the latest version and all versions before it? (So that One can do an upgrade step by step)?
Thank

Youā€™ll need to update to each major version, one at a time. So from 20.0.12.1 youā€™ll manually write in:

and after updating youā€™ll write-in

You can then update to current NextcloudPi release

and get back on the standard release cycle if you wish to enable automatic updates.

Thanks. So the actual latest ncp version is 22.2.4?
Where can I keep track of the version change. It seems my Nextcloud is no notifying me of new version anymore.

PS
I am referring to Nextcloud pi. I know that regular Nextcloud is affront with versions.
I am looking for official NCP updates.

I follow the github releases page, which I linked above, as an rss feed. Otherwise, ncp recommends turning on auto-updates and auto-backups, then leaving everything else alone.

Nothing wrong with the way you are doing this now, youā€™ll just need to check Nextcloud as shown to confirm which version is the most recent.

I saw the link but (correct me if I am wrong) I think it is not for NCP.
I cant use option 0 at the moment as I have a message that I cant skip major versions.
I need first to get to the latest version, than will use 0 and do automatic.
(in the past there were versions that broke some apps and server itself. Its a bit scarry to let upgrade automatically vs readong if the new update is stable)

Please follow my exact instructions. I donā€™t want to confuse you. This is the ncp process now that you are behind. Please backup, follow it exactly, and all should be fine.

ok, thanks

1 Like

Sure thing. You can also update the nextcloudpi utility to the current version, which is 1.46.* iirc

Yes, that I did already.
When SSH on server, the notification of update is promptly there.

<maybe the following is for a different post?>
It went all fine update successful and all the process without error but at the end I had:
Done.
All tables already up to date!
Error: Could not download app notify_push
Abort
Clean upā€¦
Rolling back to backup /var/www/nextcloud-bkp_20220207_1644270919-20.0.12.1.tar.gzā€¦
check free spaceā€¦
extracting backup file /var/www/nextcloud-bkp_20220207_1644270919-20.0.12.1.tar.gzā€¦
Is anything that I did wrong?
(used ncp-config)
Any suggestion is welcome.
Will read more tomorrow, is late in this part of the worldā€¦ good night

At this moment NCP is at v1.46.7, NC 22.2.2 and Debian 10 (Buster)

NCP is still at version 22.2.2 due to stability issues with versions 22.2.3 and 22.2.4. It has already been discussed somewhere in this forum.
I think it was related to Nextcloudā€™s slowness and the @kattivius is looking for official NCP updates.

1 Like

Thanks, they can update to 21 and then switch back up 0 to avoid that confusion when updating to 22. Updated the instructions. Unsure of the best way to sort out notify_push so asking the chat.

Maybe the notify_push app is only 64-bit.
The installation is old, a 32-bit image must have been used.
I have not found any information about this in the app store or on Github.
I think it is better to wait until the installation is completely up-to-date and go from there.

Its morning, about 7h after your last message, my NCP is still scanning for users.
About the 32-bit vs 64-bit, it can be the case.
The original installation was done in 2019.
Mean while I upgraded the hardware on a rpi 4B but I did not make a fresh instal. I migrate the all thing.
If this is the case, does it means I will never be able to upgrade NCP unless I reinstall it all NCP freshly?

Update:
The server is still working the update or restoring the back up, not clear. But looks like super slow and some warnings already came outā€¦
I fear this update did not go well!
Lets seeā€¦
Errors start from here:

Exception during scan: An exception occurred while executing ā€˜SELECT fileid FROM oc_filecache WHERE (storage = ?) AND (path_hash = ?)ā€™ with params [4, ā€œ12e47f1d49dddeeeae97a0a4557860f7ā€]:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

Pls, run ncp-report from the terminal and post the report in pastbin and the link here

going toā€¦
this is the final message f the upgrade:
Rollback successful. Nothing was updated
NCP configuration page on system info page is now blank!
going to post the report soonā€¦

Hi @vascocb ,
here is the pastebin link.
Thanks for the help
Nextcloud installation Issue ncp-report