Trusted_domains warning

Hello
Iā€™m installed the first time nextCloud and inside my ubuntu VM it runs. Great.
But if I like to access from my host (windows!) the typicall security warning ā€œAccess via an untrusted domainā€ appears. Okay, I added my the ip and domain name address of my host and the name of my host to the file config.php. But the warning is still shown. But if I added the wildcard ā€˜*ā€™ to the list, it works. But the wildcard should not the solution.
How does nextCloud detect my host (correct name for the file). I found also nothing in the logs with blocked entries to copy the name.
Can anybody help me?

So you donā€™t know, what the ā€œtrusted domainsā€ in config.php mean. Please read the installation guide, before you do any changes in config.php to prevent from Nextcloud crash.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#trusted-domains

Additionally you should add the information, where the warning appears: In Bowser window or as a message on the Nextcloud screen.

Smart heads created a support template to be filled, because it helps to get an overview about the Nextloud system and get almost colpete error information to find a solution:

Unfortunatelly most users asking for help ignore it :sleepy:

1 Like