Talk notifications

Hey. I only use Nextcloud Talk on browsers, but I can’t make notifications work. Even when 2 users are logged in at the time, when I try to start a videocall or even a simple text chat, there’s no notification. I thought the browser tab would blink or something.

Is this the normal behavior?

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2) : 16.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04) : Ubuntu 18.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25) : Apache 2.4
PHP version (eg, 7.1) : 7.2

Same for me over here. I don’t get any notification at all.

Any advises on this?

Specs:
Nextcloud 18.01 hosted on Hetzner Storage Share
Browser: 74.0 (64-Bit)

Best regards.

Hi,
same problem.

My situation:

1. create new room, add users. For external quests (by email address) notification mail is send immediately, but internal users (Nextcloud) are without mail notification. Only silent message in NotifiRing( right upper corrner).

2. If internal user have Talk installed on phone, then push notofocation is send succesfully, but problem is users without Talk on phone.

How to send mail notification immediately after adding internal user to chat/talk/webinar room?

Nextcloud 18.02, selfhosted on Ubuntu 18.04 server.

Thanks.

Same here. Nextcloud 18.0.3 on self hosted Centos 7.6. No mail notification of any kind sent inviting users.

Should we add this as a bug? I couldnt find one in the tracker so far.

Hi, what would be great with Talk is to be able to select in the users’ Activity Settings, where each may “Choose for which activities you want to get an email notification, and which should show up in the activity app stream.” things like:

• You (or @all) are mentioned in a conversation

in addition to the existing " You were invited to a conversation or had a call"

And even this option: “You were removed from a conversation by a moderator”.

For what is related to desktops/laptops, I know many people at work who have their mail app (such as thunderbird) opened all day long and connect to NC from time to time (for those who understand how to deal with the notification bell then…).
Receiving mails would alert them more efficiently.

Hi,
I know this is very old, however I am facing the same problem. Not sure if it was wiser to create a new topic.

I have installed Nextcloud VIA plesk Docker on DigitalOcean.

This is just a trial before I purchase a dedicated Nextcloud service provider. I want to make sure it meets all my needs. However at the moment there are no browser notifications for calls and messages. I need to open the browser to see the chat manually.