[SOLVED] Another "Failed to load Collabora Online - please try again later" problem

A few days ago I installed Nextcloud snap on Ubuntu Server 20.04.2 LTS and Collabora Online + Built-In CODE Server was working perfectly. Ports 80 and 443 forwarded to the server, with a registered domain name and LetsEncrypt certificate. Running a split DNS setup and working from the LAN and the internet very nicely.

Today after rebooting Collabora times out and gives the error ā€œFailed to load Collabora Online - please try again laterā€. So I tried disabling/reenabling Collabora Online and Built-In CODE Server, no luck. Tried removing & re-downloading both, still no luck. After spinning my wheels I removed the snap and installed a new one, no luck.

In admin > Settings > Administration> Collabora Online there is a green checkmark next to ā€œCollabora Online server is reachableā€ however if I click the radio button next to ā€œUse the built-in CODE - Collaborata Online Development Editionā€ the checkmark changes to a red circle with a X in it and the message becomes ā€œCould not establish connection to the Collabora Online server.ā€ Oddly, refreshing the page resets it to the green checkmark. This all seems like a clue to me but I have no idea what to make of it.

/var/snap/nextcloud/current/logs/nextcloud.log has a number of entries that look like this:

{"reqId":"AoKHQ76vnhWFVrEUleZG","level":3,"time":"2021-03-20T19:25:53+00:00","remoteAddr":"192.168.xx.xx","user":"admin","app":"richdocuments","method":"GET","url":"/index.php/apps/richdocuments/index?fileId=11&requesttoken=kzmPMdvKp1svfUWxgliH6eznSMsoAmKUVdMfhgx0AIQ%3D%3A20rXdZym1g1OMjOJ1iHTu7mvLLJyQCPEO5hz%2FEhHQbw%3D","message":{"Exception":"Exception","Message":"Could not find urlsrc in WOPI","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/snap/nextcloud/26881/nextcloud/extra-apps/richdocuments/lib/TokenManager.php","line":217,"function":"getUrlSrc","class":"OCA\\Richdocuments\\WOPI\\Parser","type":"->","args":["application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"]},{"file":"/var/snap/nextcloud/26881/nextcloud/extra-apps/richdocuments/lib/Controller/DocumentController.php","line":256,"function":"getToken","class":"OCA\\Richdocuments\\TokenManager","type":"->","args":["*** sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{"file":"/snap/nextcloud/26881/htdocs/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":169,"function":"index","class":"OCA\\Richdocuments\\Controller\\DocumentController","type":"->","args":["*** sensitive parameter replaced ***",null]},{"file":"/snap/nextcloud/26881/htdocs/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":100,"function":"executeController","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"OCA\\Richdocuments\\Controller\\DocumentController"},"index"]},{"file":"/snap/nextcloud/26881/htdocs/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":152,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"OCA\\Richdocuments\\Controller\\DocumentController"},"index"]},{"file":"/snap/nextcloud/26881/htdocs/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":309,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::","args":["OCA\\Richdocuments\\Controller\\DocumentController","index",{"__class__":"OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer"},{"_route":"richdocuments.document.index"}]},{"file":"/snap/nextcloud/26881/htdocs/lib/base.php","line":1008,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->","args":["/apps/richdocuments/index"]},{"file":"/snap/nextcloud/26881/htdocs/index.php","line":37,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::","args":[]}],"File":"/var/snap/nextcloud/26881/nextcloud/extra-apps/richdocuments/lib/WOPI/Parser.php","Line":54,"CustomMessage":"--"},"userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.192 Safari/537.36 OPR/74.0.3911.218","version":"20.0.8.1"}

ā€œCould not find urlsrc in WOPIā€ seems interesting but again I have no clue where to go from here.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this problem would be tremendously appreciated.

You are not alone.

ā€œCould not find urlsrc in WOPIā€ - same here. Last two versions are broken for me.

Reported it in the issue tracker. Issue has been reopened.

I have now manually downgraded to v6.4.608. With this version it is working again.
Nextcloud 20.0.8
Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server 6.4.608

Thanks I will give this try. Any ideas how to manually downgrade the snap? I am only familiar with installing apps from admin > apps which is preset to the latest version ( 6.4.703). The github install instructions donā€™t work on the snap version.

UPDATE: Easy to do: download and unpack v6.4.608 into /var/snap/nextcloud/current/nextcloud/extra-apps. It will appear in admin > apps where it can be enabled. Thanks AlfredSK

2 Likes

Btw. the issue (on GitHub) has been fixed. New version 6.4.705 works for me.

Good to know. Have you noticed any tangible benefits over 6.4.608?

1 Like

For me the 6.4.705 is NOT working.
@PatPend thanks for the explanation how to downgrade to v6.4.608
This version is working for me.

2 Likes

After the latest Collabora 3.7.18 update with Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server 6.4.705 on Nextcloud 20.0.8 (installed via snap) on Ubuntu 20.04 itā€™s still not working.

As for @Gery_Alaerts , CODE 6.4.705 was not working for me with Collabora version 3.7.18 (never tried Collabora before, installed them both from the ā€œapp storeā€ in Nextcloud). My system is running Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS, and Nextcloud as a snap, v. 20.0.8. Downgrading to 6.4.608 as per @PatPendā€™s instructions solved it for me.

Hello,

i use Nextcloud 21.0.2, Collabora Online 4.0.4 and Collabora Code Server 6.4.8.1
But it is not working.
Same Error:
Faled to load Document.

install Collabora Code Server 6.4.6.8 is not the solution for me.

any sugesstions?

1 Like

i found a workaround.

the problem is describet here:
Files on SMB-share corrupted while up- and downloading Ā· Issue #26457 Ā· nextcloud/server Ā· GitHub

you have to replace this folder:
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind
with one of a backup NC 20.0.8 or bevore.
i tested it with a backup from my previous NC 20.0.5 and it is working again now.

good luck

My snap has now updated to version 21.0.1, also the Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server has updated to version 6.4.806. Again the same problem ā€œfailed to load Collabora onlineā€. I have manualy downgraded the Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Serverto version 6.4.608.
Any idea when this will be fixed?

Hey,

you need to override the folder Icewind form backup again.

cu

Not sure if I have a backup of 20.0.8 or before, or ist it automatically created with snap?

Very disapointing that Collabora is still not working with the new version 6.4.1003. :unamused:
I still have to downgrade to version 6.4.608

Can anyone help me with a more detailed instruction to get collabora work on my snap nextcloud? It would be very much appreciated!

@peterschmidler
Check the post of @PatPend

• Download the v6.4.608 of the richdocumentscode package
  • copy the package in /var/snap/nextcloud/current/nextcloud/extra-apps
  • replace the newer version with the command ā€˜tar -xf richdocumentscode.tar.gzā€™

collabora should work once you have this version installed. Off course as soon as you upgrade to the newer version collabora will fail again.

Same with version Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server
Still not working

1 Like

Quick question:

Where do you get the older tarballs of the Collabora online and the CODE server? What URL do you go to?