Server STUN and high-performance backend server Talk

Hi,

I recently installed the Talk app and I’m testing how it works.

When we start a meeting an error message appears: “could not establish a connection with at least one participant. A TURN server might be needed for your scenario. Please ask your administrator to set”.

Is it necessary to install a TURN server so that meetings can be held regularly?

Finally, for a meeting with more than 4 participants I read that it is necessary to enable the high performance engine. Is there a guide for installing on ubuntu, do I need to dedicate a separate server from Nextcloud for this installation?

Please use the search - lot of issues have been discussed already

STUN/TURN are technologies to establish connections between user without direct network connectivity e.g. in different networks behind firewalls and especially NAT. In case you have meeting participants outside your server network you likely require TURN server.

for Talk HPB you can start with e.g. Nextcloud Talk High Performance Backend

HI,
Thank you for your answer. I looked at the problem indicated for Talk HPB but I don’t think it can help me at the moment.

I will use the Talk application to hold meetings with over 5 people and therefore I read that I should install and configure HPB but it is not clear to me how to do the installation, whether I should use a different server or install everything on the same server where Nextcloud resides. Please could you help me? Sorry, I’m new to the Talk app.

I provided you with required information, what did you do so far and what is the problem?

Hi,
thanks for your informations. I managed to install the TURN server for the Talk app and everything seems to be working.
I indicate the guide followed so that anyone who needs can follow it
Setup turn server

I can’t find a specific installation guide for Talk HPB. Could you provide me with a guide to follow?

@wwe could you please help me with my problem?

please read the answers!!!