Server has no maintenance window start time configured

To be fair, the OCC command for setting configuration options is already documented here, and the configuration parameter itself is documnted here, the same way as any other configuration parameter.

But I agree, if there is an extra section on maintenance that the warning in the overview is pointing to, it would be useful to explain it in more detail there, or at least include links to the sections describing the “occ config” command and the “maintenance-window-start” option.

2 Likes

Done (well, PR is pending[1]).

There’s an Edit button in the upper right if you ever feel like proposing adjustments. Alternatively can create an issue the Documentation repository[2]. :slight_smile:

[1] fix(background_jobs_configuration) Add example by joshtrichards · Pull Request #11497 · nextcloud/documentation · GitHub
[2] GitHub - nextcloud/documentation: 📘 Nextcloud documentation

3 Likes

yes, that’s what happened. interesting choice to have the theme overwrite that… anyway, thank you!

1 Like

I think the idea is for branded deployments with their own non-Nextcloud provided docs.

To be fair, your first link doesn’t actually reference the maintenance window start at all, and the second is not discoverable unless you already know what to search for.

The link in the UI is useless. It’s terrible. I’d be lost without this forum and the input of people like you!

I’m on FreeBSD, we have some of the best documentation in the OSS world. You can tell the NC devs are primarily linux users :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, I might do that later :slight_smile:

EDIT:

Sorry, you’re not able to edit this repository directly—you need to fork it and propose your changes from there instead.

Uh, meh. Maybe I won’t.

The truth is that there is a snap version that is installed in my server, but I dont use it at all. I’d like to believe that everything is configured to point my live installation.

this fix worked for me as well i’m on 28.0.2

Funny but this worked with value “100”. Seems for some reason that value “1” can’t be parsed.

Thank you

It has been updated, an example and more detailed explanations have been added: Background jobs — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

2 Likes

Not sure why it doesn’t work for for you. I did multiple test installations using a value of “1” and never saw the warning.

Problem solved for me. I was using a quotes before and after number “1” , ‘maintenance_window_start’ => “1” . Apparently it was my mistake!

Thnaky you jtr!

2 Likes

That’s SO much better! Thanks for that, the page will now actually help someone that follows the link in the error :slight_smile:

As I said before, we’d be lost without this forum and you! :metal:

1 Like

I didn’t do anything, but maybe someone who read this thread…?! :slight_smile:

It was @jtr :slight_smile:

See fix(background_jobs_configuration) Add example by joshtrichards · Pull Request #11497 · nextcloud/documentation · GitHub

2 Likes

Does anyone have any more precise explanations of the values ​​to be set, the values ​​are basically clear to me… (and I don’t have the information warning anymore)
e.g.
Value 1 the tasks runs between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m
e.g.
Value 3 the tasks runs between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m

So always everything between 4 hours… so far ok,
Can enter the value 100 disable it or the task can always be executed, also got it…

But what do values ​​like 25 do?
The tasks is between 1 and 5 every 2 days?
25 to 99 works at all?
.25 , .5 or .75 values also possible like 2.75 ?
the documentation on this is a bit poor.

Maybe someone has an explanation about this, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

But what do values ​​like 25 do?

Nothing notable. It’s not a valid hour. Technically, it’ll be treated the same as 100 at present, but it’s not guaranteed to work.

the documentation on this is a bit poor.

Well those values aren’t documented because they aren’t supported. :slight_smile:

The bulk of the code is here[1] if you’re curious about the implementation.

[1] server/cron.php at 77f4c84c18340ed049056bada3327b941887d1b8 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

Any valua greater 23 wil disable the time window (like 100 does).

You can read it fom within the code:

ernolf

I have a problem with it mapping the app_data folder for the backup.

It doesn’t give me the option to update it.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.