[Resolved] File sharing not working

Hello all, I followed this guide to install Nextcloud 13.0.2 on a freenas server running freebsd version 11.1-RELEASE-p10. Things seem to be working well, I added users and groups and turned on file sharing app and uploaded some files. However, when I try to share something it doesn’t work. I type in a user or a group and it doesn’t show results and pressing enter doesn’t do anything. Leaving me without the ability to share any files with other users.

During setup, this bit:

20180404:
AFFECTS: users of www/nextcloud
AUTHOR: brnrd@FreeBSD.org

With the 13.0.1 update the path for Apps bundled with the package has
changed from “apps” to “apps-pkg”. You must add an entry to the
“apps_paths” array in config/config.php of your nextcloud installation,
a patch for the default installation can be applied with:

cd /usr/local/www/nextcloud

su -m www -c “php ./occ config:import < /usr/local/share/nextcloud/fix-apps_paths.json”

threw me for a loop for awhile and I was trying all sorts of stuff(I don’t recall any of what I attempted) trying to get my setup to work. I may have broken something then.

However here’s my user/group setup:

As you can see as I type family it doesn’t recognize my “family” group. If I fully type family and hit enter, nothing happens. I get the same results when trying to type in a user as well.

Any ideas on what my issue might be and how to go about fixing it? As a workaround for now I installed the group folder addon and was able to create some group folders to share files between my family group.

Thanks in advance!

Do you use plugins that block content (js/css-blocker, add-filter)? Can you open the browser console and check if some resources failed to load?

Thanks for the response, tflidd!

I’m not using any content blockers. I’ve tried using different browsers and different devices all seem to result in the same thing. The i icon turns to a spinning wheel for a split second when I type.

I’m having issues getting a few other built in apps to work as well. Like the calendar app I can’t create a new calendar. I type the name in and hit enter and it greys out and goes to an infinite spinny wheel. I only mentioned in case it’s a broader issue.

Here’s some entries from my web browser console.

Content Security Policy: Directive ‘child-src’ has been deprecated. Please use directive ‘worker-src’ to control workers, or directive ‘frame-src’ to control frames respectively.
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src”). Source: ;undefined.
files:1
Unknown property ‘user-select’. Declaration dropped.
4fda-0796-merged.css:1:14831
4fda-0796-merged.css:1:15123
Unrecognized at-rule or error parsing at-rule ‘@-o-keyframes’.
4fda-0796-merged.css:1:16805
Unknown property ‘zoom’. Declaration dropped.
select2.css:9:10
Expected declaration but found ‘*’. Skipped to next declaration.
select2.css:10:5
select2.css:49:27
Error in parsing value for ‘background-image’. Declaration dropped.
select2.css:53:23
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped.
select2.css:55:13
select2.css:65:23
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped.
select2.css:67:13
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘alpha(’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped.
select2.css:128:13
select2.css:193:23
select2.css:195:13
Error in parsing value for ‘background’. Declaration dropped.
select2.css:239:58
select2.css:251:60
select2.css:275:23
select2.css:277:13
select2.css:287:23
select2.css:289:13
select2.css:350:27
select2.css:529:27
select2.css:532:13
Expected media feature name but found ‘-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio’.
select2.css:633:25
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘Alpha(’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped.
jquery-ui.css:49:9
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘alpha(’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped.
jquery-ui.css:538:10
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘Alpha(’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped.
jquery-ui.css:918:9
jquery-ui.css:925:9
jquery-ui.css:929:9
jquery-ui.css:1177:10
jquery-ui.css:1184:10
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-scrollbar’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:2040
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-scrollbar-track-piece’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:2081
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-scrollbar-thumb’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:2142
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-search-cancel-button’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:3448
Error in parsing value for ‘position’. Declaration dropped.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:3543
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:3739
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:5947
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:6230
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:7063
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:7993
Unknown property ‘list-style-indent’. Declaration dropped.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:8100
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-progress-value’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:13735
Unrecognized at-rule or error parsing at-rule ‘@-ms-viewport’.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:24703
Unknown property ‘appearance’. Declaration dropped.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:30940
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:31574
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-progress-value’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:41822
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-progress-bar’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:41874
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:42026
Expected media feature name but found ‘-webkit-max-device-pixel-ratio’.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:62493
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:63781
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:92647
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:93306
Unknown property ‘line-break’. Declaration dropped.
7f0b-0796-server.css:1:98270
style.css:75:4496
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-full-screen’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
style.css:75:4794
style.css:91:10
style.css:199:10
comments.css:123:14
comments.css:124:14
comments.css:126:10
Unknown property ‘-moz-opacity’. Declaration dropped.
21f4-0796-merged.css:1:3240
21f4-0796-merged.css:1:3263
slideshow.css:16:14
gallerybutton.css:117:10
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.0
core.js:7:542
window.controllers/Controllers is deprecated. Do not use it for UA detection.
merged.js:2171
files:1:399
files:1:1037
Unknown property ‘appearance’. Declaration dropped.
files:1:4118
files:1:4326
Source map error: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Resource URL: https://192.168.50.9/core/vendor/core.js?v=54c82296
Source Map URL: purify.min.js.map[Learn More]
Error in parsing value for ‘transform-origin’. Declaration dropped.
files
Error in parsing value for ‘perspective-origin’. Declaration dropped.
files
files
files
files
files
files
files
files
files
files

Looks like too many errors than there should be. Do you use your own theme? If yes, can you temporarily disable it. In case you don’t use it, perhaps try to disable the theming app completely.

Can you empty your css-cache manually: Display issues after upgrade to NC 13.0.0

Try to add yourself as the group admin. It should be the next column on the users screen in your screenshot. Even though, I found quite a few sharing bugs recently… :frowning:

I just have the default theme and theming is already disabled. I went through and disabled most apps, but no change. I cleared the data files and ran the occ command, but no change. I cut off the picture above, but I am a member of all groups, an admin of all groups, and logged on as the default admin user.

I updated to 13.0.4 and my issue is now fixed. Sharing now works as intended after updating via the web updater. Thanks!!