Removing a shared resource not possible in NC 15.0.0

I use NC 15.0.0, PHP 7.2.

When going to the shares and clicking one, I cannot remove the share. Same is for shared links, where I cannot click the “Share Link” button. I’m not sure how I can remove it. It seems broken? Previously in NC 13 it was in that menu…

This is possibly related to https://help.nextcloud.com/t/feature-ui-where-sharing-link-in-nextcloud-14/38430/7 as well.

You missing the three dots on the right site of the share. Maybe a theme problem?

1 Like

I use the default dark theme from nextcloud. But I have found out the icon issue:
I had to use:
sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:repair

To fix the missing icons. Sadly, removing a share still doesn’t work. I can delete the entire folder/file now, but not removing the share.

It looks like this now:

I tried to change to the default Nextcloud theme, but it behaves exactly the same.

I think you are clicking the wrong menu :wink:
grafik

I do not have this … menu item there. There is only the “can edit” checkbox:

HTML code (see, it’s completely missing!):

Okay, so this seems to be some really weird issue.

I could fix it! But I’m not sure if it is permanent. I had to do the following things:

1. Locate the HTML where the buttons would be

2. Select the share-menu item and look at the CSS properties. You’ll see that display: block is striked through, which means that some other rule overwrites it.

3. There is a display: none!important attribute in some other element that affects this element. Disabling it in the browser F12 window fixed the error.

4. It seems that after doing this, the display:none!important attribute doesn’t get added back after a page reload, which is good.

BUT WHY?

Maybe this was a caching issue? You could try to clear your browser cache now, fully reload the page and see if the problem re-occurs.

Okay, I found the problem. Just tried opening the site in another browser window in private mode. I use Firefox 64.0, the current latest one.
I see the following CSS rule:

https://hastebin.com/epiwidekis.md

This rule looks like a filter rule, since it’s pretty large and has this !important flag there. So I tried to disable uBlock origin, and voilà, the buttons appear. Note: uBlock origin did show 0 of 0 elements blocked which would actually mean that it didn’t block anything. But in fact, it did…

1 Like

Wow, what a bummer. :man_facepalming:
Great job finding the root cause! I will keep uBlock origin in mind in case somebody else stumbles across such an issue and reports it here.

1 Like

If someone else runs into that issue: Instead of disabling uBlock completely, one can hit that button there in the settings menu to disable “cosmetic filtering”. This is the feature that inserts these display:none!important flags everywhere.

1 Like