Release announcement category

Hi

Iā€™ve recently switched to Nextcloud and so far Iā€™m very happy with it, thank you all for your work.

I have a request, and please donā€™t get offended. I would like to be able to subscribe to something in order to receive an email any time a new version of Nextcloud is released. But I really donā€™t have any interest in release candidates or other non-final releases. So I unsubscribed myself from both the News and Releases categories.

Is there a way to do that? Iā€™d rather not force myself to check manually (that will happen once every two years).

Thanks

Hi Mig21,

I also miss such ā€œHey bro, thereĀ“s an update to NC available, go get it!ā€ feature. I think itĀ“d be quite easy to implement.

What I did and might be of interest for you: I let NC notify me if thereĀ“s a productive update available.

For this I used this script as a basis: https://spielwiese.la-evento.com/xelasblog/archives/75-Mailbenachrichtigung-bei-verfuegbaren-Nextcloud-Updates.html

ā€¦and optimized (but didnĀ“t publish it yet) it a bit. If youĀ“re in full control of the server/system NC runs (so you can create a cron etc.), this is a quite good solution in my opinion. Works for a few months already.

A post was split to a new topic: Add nextcloud as network drive (Windows)

Thanks e-raser, I was able to adapt that script relatively easily to work on my system.

Did you ad a feature to it so that it will not send more than one email per version update?

Well, there is a Github issue for that:

1 Like