Proxy + Nextcloud

Nextcloud version : 13.0.1
Operating system and version : Ubuntu 16
Apache or nginx version : unknown
PHP version : 7.0

Hello guys, im a new in this community.

(Sorry for my english)

Iā€™ve created a nextcloud server, but i got a message since the begining :

Error internet_connection_check GuzzleHttp\Exception\ConnectException: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to www.github.com port 80: Connection timed out

Same for ā€œwww.google.comā€ and ā€œwww.nextcloud.comā€.

My serveur is okay, i can ping everything. iā€™ve added my proxy in the server, and my nextcloud is online.

But i dunno how i can fix the message. I dunno if i can update or not, so itā€™s important for me to know.

Should i add some proxy text in a .conf ? Someone got the same problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Tom.

Tom,

Take a look at the config/config.php.sample file. Here the proxy option should be available.

Thanks for ur answer !

Iā€™ve added the proxy in this .conf, but that donā€™t change anything.

=======================================
/**

• List of trusted proxy servers

• If you configure these also consider setting forwarded_for_headers which

• otherwise defaults to HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR (the X-Forwarded-For header).

• Defaults to an empty array.
    /
    ā€˜trusted_proxiesā€™ => array(ā€˜XX.XX.XX.XXā€™, ā€˜XX.XX.XX.XXā€™, ā€˜XX.XX.XX.XXā€™),
    /

• The URL of your proxy server, for example proxy.example.com:8081.

• Defaults to '' (empty string)
    */
    ā€˜proxyā€™ => ā€˜xxx.xxx.xx:3128ā€™,
    ======================================

anything else to add ?

Hi guys, i think my Nextcloud canā€™t get the Update.

I donā€™t understand how my ubuntu works well but not the Nextcloud. If i canā€™t get any update, it will be a real problem for me.

i really need help if possible :slight_smile:

Tom.

Iā€™ve a wireshark behind my nextcloud. I see some package blocked to google/nextcloud/github from port 80. But i donā€™t have more information.

i got no UFW, no iptables . So itā€™s not about ACL rules i think.

iā€™ve my nextcloud behind a proxy, and whatever i modify, nothing change :frowning:

If someone got a little idea ā€¦

Tom

After some check in wireshark, the server send some package tcp/80 normaly, so this is not a proxy problem.

ipfilter or something like that black listed google/nextcloud/github ?

ip masquerading is enabled? and ip forwarding?

Thanks for your answer.

My Ubuntu is okay. I can navigate, i can ping google or nextcloud without any problem.

Only my web server nginx/nextcloud canā€™t join google or nextcloud. Got a BadTCP in wireshark.

I literally dunno what is my problem.

=====================================================================

Error internet_connection_check GuzzleHttp\Exception\ConnectException: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to www.github.com port 80: Connection timed out

Error internet_connection_check GuzzleHttp\Exception\ConnectException: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to www.google.com port 80: Connection timed out

Error internet_connection_check GuzzleHttp\Exception\ConnectException: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to www.nextcloud.com port 80: Connection timed out

=====================================================================

netstat -pant | grep 80
?

@TomAdmin

as a matter of fact we do know too little about your server and itā€™s environment. like: where is it hosted (even your config.php looks a bit strange the way you posted it), etc. hint: pls install issue template app

so as for now i just could suggest to search the forum for google.com (etc) and see if thereā€™s any hint that would help you with your problem.

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 12984/nginx -g daem
tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 12984/nginx -g daem

can you reach your Nextcloud server by browser?

What is it for?

nc pings google, nextcloud and github to see if itā€™s ā€œonlineā€ā€¦

at port 80?

i understand.

I didnt posted my config.php but only config.sample.php. (some lines, but i think its a bit useless this conf)

iā€™ve Server Ubuntu 16 in a DMZ (with port 443/80 open and forward) with a proxy. actually iā€™ve created my cert. SSL, and my cloud is online correctly.

i can download or upload folders. Its only my nextcloud who canā€™t join www.nextcloud.com and google and github.

Actually i dunno if i can download updates. im at 13.0.1.1

you could always download the recent installation-files manually and do the update manually.

You need to setup the proxy configuration of your server first

Exactly, but iā€™ll probably leave my job soon, so i want to auto the update for my next co-worker.

I want a clean nextcloud online. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s done. My proxy is okay on my Ubuntu. i can apt-get update / upgrade. i can ping or whatever ā€¦

No, it is not: