Propagation of a subscription calendar

Iā€™m wondering if it is by design that a subscription calendar doesnā€™t show up in a calDav client?

In my NC 18 server I have a defined a subscription calendar for public holidays that gets its information from a webcal.fi. And on my desktop I have setup Evolution as a calDav client to my NC server. The problem is that this public holiday calendar doesnā€™t show up in Evolution, there isnā€™t any problem with ordinary calendars.

Now Iā€™m wondering if this is by design or some miscommunication between NC and Evolution or if I have to change some settings.

Of course I could point Evolution directly to webcal.fi but I would prefer to have it centralized in one place.

Nextcloud is able to expose calendar subscriptions as regular cached calendars, but only for whitelisted clients that donā€™t support calendar subscriptions (or clients that provide an X-NC-CalDAV-Webcal-Caching header, like the Nextcloud Calendar app).
There are currently no whitelisted clients in Nextcloud, but we could add Evolution for instance.

The possibilities I see:

• Adding your subscriptions manually URL by URL (directly from webcal.fi) in Evolution ;
  • Opening an issue on the Evolution bug tracker to ask them to support CalDAV exposed subscriptions. The DAVxāµ app for Android does exactly this for instance ;
  • Opening an issue on the nextcloud/server repo to ask for Evolution to be whitelisted and Nextcloud exposing subscriptions as regular calendars.

Thanks for the info.

I will send an email to the Evolution mailing list to ask about the X-NC-CalDAV-Webcal-Caching, why it isnā€™t supported.

X-NC-CalDAV-Webcal-Caching is something specific for Nextcloud, what they need to support is detection of subscriptions exposed through CalDAV like DAVxāµ does.

I had originally defined the Nextcloud account as a Gnome Online Account. It turned out that GOA has a bug, and if instead I defined it directly in Evolution it actually worked.

Link to the mailing list discussion
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2020-May/msg00148.html