OnlyOffice server with no limits (2024)

2024 September release

This is an special built OnlyOffice server Debian package which increases the default 20 simultaneous connections maximum limit to 99999 connections.
It also enables Mobile Edit.

Changelog 2024-09-28: Updated to 8.1.3.3 version.
Changelog 2024-05-10: Enable Mobile Edit.

Three warnings that you need to know:

• This is not an official OnlyOffice build. (You can always build it on your own if you want to.)
  • This is meant to be used in conjunction with traditional Nextcloud OnlyOffice app . This is not the same thing as the Community Document Server App which works embedded into Nextcloud.
  • This is the first time when we enable Mobile Edit.

FAQ

• FAQ1:
  • FAQ2:
    • Q: Do you have a version for Debian but older than Debian 11?
    • Q: Do you have a version for Debian but newer than Debian 11?
    • Q: Do you have a version for Ubuntu?
    • A (Short): Use the provided Debian 11 package. It should work on your Debian/Ubuntu distribution.
    • A (Long): Despite the release label (Debian 11) this package is equivalent to whatever package is provided by OnlyOffice themselves in their deb repo. If you check their own documentation Installing ONLYOFFICE Docs Community Edition for Debian, Ubuntu, and derivatives you will see how the only requirement (as of 2024) is: 64-bit Debian, Ubuntu or other compatible distribution with kernel version 3.13 or later. In other words, once you choose your Ubuntu or Debian distro and manage to work the official 20 users limited deb from OnlyOffice you should be able to use our package as described in our post without too much hassle.
  • FAQ3:

2024 May release

This is an special built OnlyOffice server Debian package which increases the default 20 simultaneous connections maximum limit to 99999 connections.
It also enables Mobile Edit.

3 Likes

Nice! Any docker version? Thank you

For a similar version but built for Docker I recommend you to check @thomisus posts on OnlyOffice compiled with Mobile Edit Back thread.

I checked it out and seems old not updated but thank you.

well,any centOS or ubuntu versionļ¼Ÿi dose need mobile H5 support it
thank you~

About an Ubuntu version:

Despite the release label (Debian 11) this package is equivalent to whatever package is provided by OnlyOffice themselves in their deb repo. If you check their own documentation Installing ONLYOFFICE Docs Community Edition for Debian, Ubuntu, and derivatives you will see how the only requirement (as of 2024) is: 64-bit Debian, Ubuntu or other compatible distribution with kernel version 3.13 or later. In other words, once you choose your Ubuntu or Debian distro and manage to work the official 20 users limited deb from OnlyOffice you should be able to use our package as described in our post without too much hassle.

Thank you for question. I add this answer to the original post as a FAQ.

1 Like

About a CentOS version:

We donā€™t have a version for CentOS but you are welcome to share with us in the unlimited-onlyoffice-package-builder repo a recent (less than 4 months old) and working recipe for building rpm package based on document-server-package and build_tools so that we can integrate into our Github Actions and automate its build each time we release a deb package.

Thank you for question. I add this answer to the original post as a FAQ.

I donā€™t mind the 20 user limit, I care more about the mobile H5 editor
Thank you for your help

Mobile Edit is enabled on our version which you can probably use on Ubuntu systems as I have described above.

If you think I can improve the explanation from FAQ I accept suggestions.

thank your help
i can experience it

Itā€™s not oldā€¦ itā€™s version 8.0.1

I couldnā€™t run this package :frowning:
An error appears when starting the ds-docservice and ds-converter services:

Error: Config file /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/default.json cannot be read
    at Config.<anonymous> (/snapshot/server/DocService/node_modules/config/lib/config.js:751:11)
    at /snapshot/server/DocService/node_modules/config/lib/config.js:594:28
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at /snapshot/server/DocService/node_modules/config/lib/config.js:590:14
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at Config.<anonymous> (/snapshot/server/DocService/node_modules/config/lib/config.js:589:13)
    at new Config (/snapshot/server/DocService/node_modules/config/lib/config.js:136:27)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/snapshot/server/DocService/node_modules/config/lib/config.js:1637:31)
    at Module._compile (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1926:22)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1159:10)

I might need to add this piece of text in bold somewhere.

My main piece of advice is to install official onlyoffice debian package from their repo with 20 users limit and make sure that your installation works as expected.

Then you can install our build deb package so that it ā€˜upgradesā€™ your current package and complain if it no longer works.

1 Like

Thank you very much, everything works now!

2024 September release is now available.
You can now download onlyoffice-documentserver_8.1.3-3-btactic_amd64.deb with no limits.