Official Nextcloud Android app is horror - any forks or alternatives?

Hi guys,
there are 1k open issues in github and I have many bugs and problems with the official nextcloud android app. I think some design decisions are horrible. The app is a real pain…to name a few:

  • Navigation in file app does not show any path. Going back requires constant click on back arrow.
  • Upload is sometimes just stopping or having strange issues while native webdav clients never had any problems.
  • Scrolling nicely through pictures with big thumbnails only possible in “media” area of app, but then only the latest uploaded - no folder structure to navigate.
  • Auto upload is not uploading pictures after I had changed the folder on server.
  • The android app consumes a lot battery energy.

The list is not complete.

Does someone know a good alternative? Maybe a fork that solves some of the issues?

Thanks

This one’s still under development, so it probably doesn’t do everything you need (yet), but it may be an option in the future (scroll down a bit for the app):