Hello everyone! I am developing a client for Nextcloud News for iOS. Nextnews is written in React Native and could be ported to Android at a later date.
Right now the app is pretty simple but it supports the following features:
- reading articles (of course)
- marking articles as read or starring them
- subscribing to feeds
- creating new folders
- renaming feeds and folders or deleting them
- sharing articles
- simple theming options
I plan to expand the app in the future. Here’s a rough roadmap of what’s ahead:
- Different view modes
- Notifications for new articles
- Support for more languages
- Custom theme editor
- Download articles and read them offline, including images
- iPad / macOS Apple Silicon support
- Android support
You can get the app on the AppStore.
Be sure to add yourself to the client list in News app docs.
Hi everyone! I finally released Nextnews 1.1 bringing by far the most requested feature: iPad support.
This release also includes other highly requested features such as:
- Option to automatically mark articles read on scroll
- Different view modes for your article list
- Auto refresh of your feeds after a certain amount of time
- Press and hold articles in the list for quick actions (on macOS you can just right-click which is even nicer)
I also set up a website to publish updates a little easier and help with discoverability: https://nextnewsapp.com/
I hope you like this new release! Get it here as always.
You can leave feedback right in this thread or on the website.