Nextcloud Snap users, please list the issues you're facing

Is set to 10 GB but the real limit is 2 GB

Iā€™m very grateful that snaps have been made available. Thank you!

Any word on a Nextcloud 13 snap?

Itā€™s in the testing phases now. Try it from from the 13/candidate channel:

$ sudo snap install nextcloud --channel=13/candidate

Or if you already have it installed:

$ sudo snap refresh nextcloud --channel=13/candidate
2 Likes

What is the max number of files that can be uploaded together in Nextcloud snapā€¦? I wish to backup some WordPress instance but I receive errorsā€¦ I think that this is another issue to fix in the next version with the max file size allowed in uploadā€¦ Thanksā€¦

I am running NC 13 RC4 snap on a Ubuntu LTS 16.04 server. I have no blocking issues, everything seems to be working.

However, uploading via the sync client and webdav is very slow. (I am guessing the sync client uses webdav right?) I can transfer files via the webinterface with at least 15MiB/s (my wifi is no faster). But up/downloading via webdav is more like 700/800KiB/s. This is for a Windows 10 webdav connection as well as for the NC Android client (beta 3 also). The instant uploads for pictures often fail, I think because of the slow speeds. Every now and then I get an ssl error as well when it fails.

My hardware is a small Intel NUC with 8GB of RAM. The cpu always stays below 10% and the memory consumption is about 700MiBā€¦

Is there any way to speed up webdav on NC snaps? I have tried to find some tweaks, but I canā€™t find any that I can apply to the snap version it seems. I have also asked this question in the forums, but got no reply there.

Here is my issue trying upgrade:

Iā€™ve been running the snap for about a week on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS, and am seeing a ton of "Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: expected filesize 10000000 got " errors after syncing our photo collection to the machine.

Iā€™ve read where this could be due to a bad config, but Iā€™m not sure how I figure out exactly what is running out of memory. (Iā€™m nowhere near using all of my RAM)

I have two problems that I canā€™t seem to fix on the snap version but works on the ā€˜normalā€™ installation.

1. Theming doesnā€™t seem to work everywhere
    When I upload our logo, color scheme and background-image in the GUI settings page, everything
    changed as expected, except for the login page. Iā€™ve only got this problem with snap installations.

2. Clean URLā€™s, how to set that on a snap version of NextCloud?
    On a ā€˜normalā€™ installation, it is very easy to setup clean URLā€™s, but I couldnā€™t get this working on a snap installation. Is there a guide or something regarding this?

1 Like

is this only about ssh access or does the snap NC actually come with reduced accessibility (access configurations, like i.e. using a different location for the actual files) on the admins side?

also, what would the non-tech-user mind whether ssh access was possible. Isnā€™t the entire beauty of snap packes in the simplicity of installation of a complex application bundle with just one simple command?

Hi Olivier, weā€™re using the nextcloud snap installation as transfer server in a small audit company. Since the installation is privacy sensitive, we have subjected it to a professional penetration test. Iā€™d like to share the results with you. Please contact me on my email adress if interested. Best regards Martin

Hi Martin,
I understand that for security you might not want to share the details of the report on a forum. Could you at least say if the conclusion of the test was positive?

I tested that this works in 13.0.2snap1, give it another shot?

Non UTF-8 charset banner warning:

Both NC12 and now NC13 since it updated today have worked fine. Set up on a Digital Ocean Droplet (ubuntu 16.04) according to their instructions. Letsencrypt for certificate, via noip.com.

Only gripe I have is the News app complains that the database does not handle non UTF-8 characters (emojis?). I donā€™t care for emojis, but wish the warning banner would disappear. Itā€™s been there for 6 months now. I believe it is not the News App itself, but the configuration of the database. See:

20180509_SelectionNN

Itā€™s annoying that the news app is warning because you havenā€™t enabled something that is experimental, but you can totally do this if you wish.

Thank you kyrofa. That fixed it in under a minute. Wow. Now I can continue to ignore emojis :wink:

1 Like

Amen! You should never have to be annoyed for six months. Youā€™re always welcome to ask questions by logging an issue!

My snap installation of Nextcloud updated itself last night from 12.0.5.3 to 13.0.2.

Most apps seem to be working, but Files is not working at all. Doesnā€™t list any files or directories.

Thereā€™s an error in my console from app.js: ā€œCannot read property ā€˜fileActionsā€™ of nullā€

I verified through terminal that my files are still there. If I make a new directory on my computer, is syncs up to the server using the nextcloud app. But if I make a directory on the server, it doesnā€™t sync down to my computer. And again, web view is completely blank.

Interesting developmentā€¦
If I go to ā€œTagsā€, search for nothing, and then go back to Files, it will list themā€¦

Activation of a Lets encrypt certificate for https was repediately failing, so at some point i switched to a normal installation. (This was in January)

Hi Kyrofa, did you add a second domain to your cert after you originally configured a first one?

Iā€™ve got to add a second one to an existing setup, so wondered if itā€™s just a matter of re-running sudo nextcloud.enable-https lets-encrypt

then restartinging the snap, and if this would pick up on the new trusted domain which Iā€™d added to NC and include it, without breaking the existing certificate/domain.

(sorry, this whole snap setup is a lot faster but takes time to get used to not tweaking config files as before!)

Thanks!