Nextcloud Office showing only Loading

Hey guys,

I just installed Nextcloud on an clean Ubuntu Server 22.04 via snap, selected to install the common Apps (Collabora included) to test Nextcloud Office, but when I clicked on the docsx help file for Nextcloud, but all I got was a loading page, nothing showed up, there are no errors, nothing in the logs, it just kept spinning, any ideas what can be happening?

I wish i had a log or something, bu tit never gave me anything and the people from the snap package for Nextcloud said they donā€™t support the Apps.

Thanks.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue.
Settings > Nextcloud Office set as ā€˜Use the build-in CODE - Collabora Online Development Editionā€™
GREEN circle with checkmark above says, ā€œCollabora Online server is reachableā€.

1 Like

Same issue here
ā€œNextcloud Officeā€ 6.2.0
ā€œCollabora Online - Built-in CODE Serverā€ 22.5.502
Both are installed from within NextCloud web admin

My NextCloud is installed via Snap on a clean updated CentOS server

selinux on/off makes no difference

I want to help you help me too, just point me where to look for logs/errors because I donā€™t know this apps architecture enough even to debug it properly to see where it fail to connect
Web browser shows no errors

Creating new document or opening existing one leads to a same behavior - infinitely looping circle

p.s. I remember to encounter problem with NextCloud Office+CODE when I used installation script 1-3 years ago. It failed to simply work. I procured assistance from support company and they had trouble to make it work too. I feel as either there is something fundamentally wrong with these couple apps integration, or I do something fundamentally wrong both times, because other people - there are people for whom it just work out if the box arenā€™t there? As much as I ā€¦strive to avoid it, users had to go on using Google Docs because editing documents online was important. Hope weā€™ll win it over this time

Some issue here:
Odroid HC4, 4 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SATA SSD
Ubuntu 22.04.1 (upgraded from 20.04)
NextCloud 24.0.3snap1

Iā€™ve had this issue for a while now and I have tried a lot but nothing seems to help.

I have, however, once seen an error (and I of course didnā€™t write it down, sorry, maybe in a log file maybe on screen after waiting for a really, really long time) and the message was something along the lines of Collabora not having access (authorization) to a temp directory.

I hope this might give someone a bright idea.

I can confirm that this is still happening in 11/7/2022. I installed nextcloud via snap in vmwere and in linode. I get the infinite loading screen when opening a document in Collabora. This is on ubuntu 22.04 LTS clean install

1 Like

Still happening here too - driving me nuts :frowning:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this - or at least figure out what is going on ?

I.E.

Nextcloud via snap
Built-in CODE
Settings shows it can connect to CODE with ā€œgreen tickā€

then

ā€œLoading ā€¦ā€

1 Like

Still happening on 02/04/23 Installed nextcloud via snap in linode. Get the infinite loading screen when opening trying to open any document.

1 Like

So glad I came here, looks like issue has been open since July last year. I have been auditioning nextcloud as a possible replacement for owncloud but if this is indicative of how the support system works I guess I will pass.

Oh should mention just installed latest today February 15, 2023 still the exact same issue.

1 Like

Thought i was the only one. Still happening on the new 25.0.4 update. Will be uninstalling I guess.

2 Likes

Same for me in same version. Loadingā€¦

1 Like

Same issue here, same version. So does it mean that Nextcloud Office does not work with snap-based installations?

1 Like

Same here: v25.0.4 installed via snap on Ubuntu 22.04 , mine is at Digital Ocean.
Interestingly, the other instance on my home server (same host OS, snap, version) works fine.
Both use a LetsEncrypt SSL, and everything else works as expectedā€¦just NC Office not working.

I have the same problem.
Iā€™m working on my years old installation, now 24.0.12. Collabora always worked fine until change to ā€œNextcloud Officeā€. Since this change it is loading unfinitely and therefore not usable anymore.

Hey, Iā€™ve been troubleshooting a similar problem with my Collabora instance that has been going on for several years and stopped working after the Nextcloud Office upgrade. The following solution worked out for me

I went in to the Nextcloud server and ran a few occ commands to clear the settings for the Nextcloud Office app

1. SSH into your server and navigate to your Nextcloud install instance (in my case it was /var/www/html/nextcloud)

2. Run the occ command as your web server to generate a list of all the settings for the Nextcloud Office app (the actual application name is richdocuments)
    sudo -u www-data php occ config:list richdocuments

3. The above output will give all the settings for the Nextcloud Office app. I went in an delete every single one of the settings by hand using the occ command. Replace the [setting_name] in the below command with the settings you wish to delete from the list
    sudo -u www-data php occ config:app:delete richdocuments [setting_name]

4. Restart the you web server for good measure :wink:

If these directions donā€™t work there are more setting you can view and delete with the occ command with sudo -u www-data php occ config:list richdocuments --private. But I did not have to do this to get it to work

When I deleted all of these settings I was able to get my Nextcloud Office configuration working with my Collbabora server after months of not being able to get it to connect. I hope this helps someone who is facing a similar issue

Looks like this one isnā€™t going to get resolved.

Same issue.

Why literally no one is going to help with that and look at this problem? Itā€™s a very big issue!
What can we do right now?
This question has almost 2k views, a lot of people have that problem!!!

1 Like

Add me to the long list of people who canā€™t get Nextcloud Office to work at all.

I noticed in the web browser console that stuff is refusing to load because itā€™s being sent mixed as HTTP and HTTPS. Despite all the rewrite rules and other measures to trick NC using a reverse proxy, I cannot get it to work. I started a different thread here:

Is this an intentional design flaw? Itā€™s a pretty big deal that perhaps the most important component of NextCloud is completely worthless.

2 Likes

What would be cool is somebody who knows the dev community for NextCloud and how they prioritise stuff, whether thereā€™s a bug for this and how itā€™s flagged, if it stands a chance of being fixed and if the fix stands a chance of making its way into a release.

I fixed that issue. Here is my case:
I had my nextCloud instance installed on Debian server. I bought 3 different debian vps and installed nextCloud on all of them to check my theoryā€¦ every time I had the same issue. I fixed this very easily - just installed nextCloud on UBUNTU server. NextCloud on Ubuntu server works perfect

I am running it on a Ubuntu server, but I am using the Snap version because a regular install (on Ubuntu) and Docker had other issues. There are many semi-documented settings which are not configured for you unless you use the VM, Snap, or other pre-packaged formats.

In any case, Iā€™m running Ubuntu server with NextCloud Snap.

How can Nextcloud Office be made to run? (link above to the post with all the diagnostics of my problem)