Nextcloud error external smb storage

Hi Folks,

I installed latest nextcloud on CentOS 8 stream. tried to get an smb share working via NC web UI below the log:

Logfile:
[files_external] Error: Icewind\SMB\Exception\DependencyException: No valid backend available, ensure smbclient is in the path or php-smbclient is installed at <>

1. /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Storage/SMB.php line 119
    Icewind\SMB\ServerFactory->createServer(β€œ192.168.0.119”, Icewind\SMB\BasicAuth {})
  2. /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/config.php line 273
    OCA\Files_External\Lib\Storage\SMB->__construct("*** sensitive parameter replaced ***")
  3. /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php line 257
    OC_Mount_Config::getBackendStatus("*** sensitive parameters replaced ***")
  4. /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php line 306
    OCA\Files_External\Controller\StoragesController->updateStorageStatus("*** sensitive parameters replaced ***")
  5. /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 170
    OCA\Files_External\Controller\StoragesController->show(1, β€œ*** sensitive parameter replaced ***”)
  6. /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 99
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(OCA\Files_Extern … {}, β€œshow”)
  7. /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 125
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OCA\Files_Extern … {}, β€œshow”)
  8. /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php line 47
    OC\AppFramework\App::main(β€œOCA\Files_Exte … r”, β€œshow”, OC\AppFramework\ … {}, {id: β€œ1”,_route: … "})
  9. <>
    OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke({id: β€œ1”,_route: … "})
  10. /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 299
    call_user_func(OC\AppFramework\ … {}, {id: β€œ1”,_route: … "})
  11. /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1008
    OC\Route\Router->match("/apps/files_external/globalstorages/1")
  12. /var/www/html/nextcloud/index.php line 38
    OC::handleRequest()

GET /nextcloud/index.php/apps/files_external/globalstorages/1?testOnly=true
from 192.168.0.118 by root at 2020-01-22T19:18:15+00:00

smb client is installed as well as php smb client from remi repo

no one any idea?

Hi gdh
i have hade the same problem, when i try to connect my nextcloud server to my nas storage, i fund that in nextcloud smb/cifs that β€œdomain” is a most or the connection will fail.
In my nas under cifs/samba it just say WORKGROUP, i gave that to nextcloud and there where green light from there on.

nope, did not work :frowning:

any other idea?

btw: I followed this tutorial to set it up

I assume the path to smb client is not found or permission issue

Hello,

I am currently having the same issue as the OP, however, I am currently on FreeNAS 11.1

Any ideas on how to resolve this error?

Thanks

Hello. I had some problems with that and made long testing (on RHEL8 and Rocky8). It appears that removing php-smbclient do the trick somehow (php80-php-smbclient or php74-php-smbclient in case of multi install). So try to remove that library and restart Your php-fpm if You use one.