Nextcloud Desktop Client - multiple server connections

Please make it possible to connect and manage multiple client-server connection with all the desktop clients.

We cannot use Nextcloud as it brings up the issue that we have to connect to several different server endpoints.
Seafile implements this quiet nice in the desktop clients and mobile apps.

Do you think this is possible to add soon?

Thanks!

1 Like

It is already possible to connect to multiple Nextcloud/Owncloud servers with the desktop client.

I currently have it connected to both work and private NextCloud servers without any issues.

1 Like

A link to a guide would have been beneficial. I don’t see an obvious way to do this from the client’s options, nor disconnect it from the original server.

1 Like

When having the Client config window open there is an “Account” button and there you can add or remove additional accounts. Below is a screenshot and shows my 2 accounts I have currently connected:

Here is also a link to the manual:

Thank you for the link and the screenshot. Sadly, I cannot reproduce that:

The link is dead, and my NC client does not have this button. I just upgraded to the newest version (on windows, NC client is 3.6.4), and there is still no account button.

Also, compared to your screenshot, I am missing the “activity” tab on top.

Okay, I just found out how things work in 2022 (Windows Desktop client 3.6.4):

The current NC client still has the old “settings” window as described above, but the account functionality has been moved to the new task-bar-pop-up-window.

There you need to click a small arrow next to cour profile picture, which then displays options to manage/add accounts.

3 Likes

I don’t have any of these buttons or functions in nextcloud-client 3.10.1 on Gentoo Linux

Impossible to add account.

Even doc doesn’t show this button on Using the Synchronization Client — Nextcloud Client Manual 3.10.1 documentation

However, this same doc still explains:

Did you find a solution? It seems I have the same issue on Fedora 38, Client 3.11.0 under X-Server. I’ve also created a bug in bugzilla for this.